Whatbird Community

The Feet Have It...

42 minutes ago, Quiscalus quiscula said:

Good article, sad to hear the problems though. The place most people see them in New Jersey is Barnegat Light State Park. There's a jetty there that they like to hang around, diving looking for food & chasing the females around. Here they actually show little fear of people & they'll stay quite close as long as you don't make sudden movements. It's a two hour ride for me & as I'm getting older gets tougher to walk out on the jetty but I still try & go a couple times a winter, awesome place!

Harlequin (2).jpg

• Like 8

On 7/29/2021 at 1:07 PM, stitch58 said:

Good article, sad to hear the problems though. The place most people see them in New Jersey is Barnegat Light State Park. There's a jetty there that they like to hang around, diving looking for food & chasing the females around. Here they actually show little fear of people & they'll stay quite close as long as you don't make sudden movements. It's a two hour ride for me & as I'm getting older gets tougher to walk out on the jetty but I still try & go a couple times a winter, awesome place!

Harlequin (2).jpg

You take really good pictures. What Camera/ lens do you shoot with. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 7/27/2021 at 11:11 PM, Bird Brain said:

I'd call that a Karate Kid Duck!

That is close to what I call the American White Pelican I posted above. I call it-Karate Kid Pelican Style

• Like 1