Whatbird Community

Please ID yet another

58 minutes ago, Connor Cochrane said:

Ruby-crowned Kinglet. 

12 minutes ago, Bird Brain said:

Agreed.

Thank you very much.  Don't think even with a tail wind I could have ID'd that one.

My photo almost looks like it had no or black eyes...

Took this the day before is this also one, or the same?bird_P1430507_210219.thumb.JPG.9df2509f9d3dff040b7bedaf294fbe3e.JPG

Thank you!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, UnknownVT said:

Thank you very much.  Don't think even with a tail wind I could have ID'd that one.

My photo almost looks like it had no or black eyes...

Took this the day before is this also one, or the same?bird_P1430507_210219.thumb.JPG.9df2509f9d3dff040b7bedaf294fbe3e.JPG

Thank you!

Yes, that is also a Ruby-crowned Kinglet. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Charlie Spencer said:

@UnknownVT, I gotta ask.  You've posted several photos from GA but you reference VT in your account name.  If you don't mind answering, where the heck do you live??  

:classic_blink:

VT are simply my initials.

Why would I be so STUPID as to lie about the location, when asking for help to ID birds? 

Edited by UnknownVT
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, UnknownVT said:

VT are simply my initials.

Why would I be so STUPID as to lie about the location, when asking for help to ID birds? 

I wasn't implying you were stupid or lying.

We get a lot of ID requests from people who took photos on trips.  We get a lot of photos that people took months or years ago.  We have members who include their state or other regional identifier in their account name.

It looks like many of your photos so far are from this spring.  It's possible you live in Vermont and had made a trip to GA several months ago.  It's possible you'd lived in GA and had moved to VT since the spring.

No offense intended.

Edited by Charlie Spencer
  • Like 7

3 hours ago, Charlie Spencer said:

I wasn't implying you were stupid or lying.

We get a lot of ID requests from people who took photos on trips.  We get a lot of photos that people took months or years ago.  We have members who include their state or other regional identifier in their account name.

It looks like many of your photos so far are from this spring.  It's possible you live in Vermont and had made a trip to GA several months ago.  It's possible you'd lived in GA and had moved to VT since the spring.

No offense intended.

Sorry for knee jerk (operative term) reaction.  You are obviously a well respected member, so I was just taken aback that there would any doubt of the posted location....

Sorry. 

Edited by UnknownVT
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1