Jump to content
Whatbird Community

Feedback on editing attempts.


Recommended Posts

On 7/23/2021 at 8:19 PM, IKLland said:

The free photoshop express. It has everything I need except good noise reduction , which I don’t want to invest in. If anyone has tips for an absolute complete free noise reduction, that would be great. 

Never, mind. The noise reduction is decent. If your background is blurred out( as we normally want it), you can mask it by selecting the background and applying noise reduction to that but not the bird itself. Who cares about a soft background, do we? So it’s decent( the reductions). 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

I'm not familiar with the app you're using. Can you do layers? While the peacock definitely needed brightening, the background is competing with him. If you can do a mask layer, you can only brighten the bird, and keep the background more muted here.

If it can't do masking and layers, another free program to look into is Gimp.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, meghann said:

I'm not familiar with the app you're using. Can you do layers? While the peacock definitely needed brightening, the background is competing with him. If you can do a mask layer, you can only brighten the bird, and keep the background more muted here.

If it can't do masking and layers, another free program to look into is Gimp.

I can do layers. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, IKLland said:

About 10 minutes each. 

What program did you end up using for your editor?

Also, thanks for sharing and asking for feedback as your learn. There's an impressive difference between the before/after in these shots. The extra detail you gain with the contrast tweaks are awesome. Outside of cropping I rarely touch my shots and these results are inspiring.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, neilpa said:

What program did you end up using for your editor?

Also, thanks for sharing and asking for feedback as your learn. There's an impressive difference between the before/after in these shots. The extra detail you gain with the contrast tweaks are awesome. Outside of cropping I rarely touch my shots and these results are inspiring.

Adobe photoshop express. I use it an iPad. 

2 hours ago, Seanbirds said:

How do you add “clarity”?

There’s a slider in it that you can adjust it with. It increases edge no steady and makes the subject stand out better. Don’t overdo it, though. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here is a example of pulling out shadow detail  (from my avatar photo) using Sony Imaging which is a free editing tool that comes with a Sony camera. It works pretty well once you get the hang of it. This is where dynamic range comes in handy, you can really bring up those shadows.

 

DSC00332.JPG

DSC00332 sony image edit..JPG

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Chris Clem said:

Here is a example of pulling out shadow detail  (from my avatar photo) using Sony Imaging which is a free editing tool that comes with a Sony camera. It works pretty well once you get the hang of it. This is where dynamic range comes in handy, you can really bring up those shadows.

@Chris Clem, was the original in.JPG or .RAW format?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Chris Clem said:

Here is a example of pulling out shadow detail  (from my avatar photo) using Sony Imaging which is a free editing tool that comes with a Sony camera. It works pretty well once you get the hang of it. This is where dynamic range comes in handy, you can really bring up those shadows.

 

DSC00332.JPG

DSC00332 sony image edit..JPG

If I did that with my camera, all I'd get us a brown blurry blob 😂

oh well, good to have something to work towards

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...