Whatbird Community

Another Swainson's Warbler?

1 hour ago, IKLland said:

ANOTHER swainson’s warbler?? Seriously? ANOTHER?? NOOOOOO!

I know, right?? I’ve heard that Swainson’s Warblers can be VERY difficult to find (that is, only if you’re targeting one 🙄). But if you don’t even know the thing exists, you’ll just randomly come across one someday, sure as anything.

BIRDS CAN BE SO FRUSTRATING!

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Seanbirds said:

I know, right?? I’ve heard that Swainson’s Warblers can be VERY difficult to find (that is, only if you’re targeting one 🙄). But if you don’t even know the thing exists, you’ll just randomly come across one someday, sure as anything.

I got very, very lucky. I heard that one was seen in the area last week. So I drove into the swamp, got out of my truck, walked for about 15 minutes and saw this one. On the way back to my truck I saw another one. 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Seanbirds said:

Absolutely! That's why every birder has a nemesis bird.

https://www.audubon.org/news/birdist-rule-5-get-yourself-nemesis-bird

Again, my favorite author. Check out his Birdist's Rules For Birding on the Audubon website!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Peromyscus said:

I'm very impressed that this bird was so visible

Don't let the picture fool you, I had to run deep into the swamp to follow this little guy. I even got a bite from a weird fly that made my hand blow up like a balloon, but it was worth it to check it off my list.

• Sad 4