Whatbird Community

Fall Migration 2021

1 hour ago, Birding Boy said:

Warblers! Been a lot moving through this past week, Black-throated Green, Tennessee, and Cape-May Warblers in the yard, with 8 species in the middle of the afternoon at a nearby park. https://ebird.org/checklist/S93808833

Wow, great! Jealous...migration forecast for tonight is 7000 birds on the high end. Still not too bad, but not great.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Quiscalus quiscula said:

Wow, great! Jealous...migration forecast for tonight is 7000 birds on the high end. Still not too bad, but not great.

My forecast for the next three days is 0-5000 😢But on the positive side that gives me more time to find birds already on the ground.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Birding Boy said:

My forecast for the next three days is 0-5000 😢But on the positive side that gives me more time to find birds already on the ground.

That was just for tonight, the next few days are 0-4000. But good points! I don't know how many birds are actually going to be there in the daytime, but usually the nocturnal forecasts corresponds to more migrating birds the next day, at least for me.

• Like 1