Whatbird Community

The Ultimate Guide to Bird Identification

For months I have been planning to make a guide that would, once and for all, settle all tricky IDs and make them easy. I have tried many different methods for Identifying birds, but none have worked so well as the one I have settled on to use in my guide. I hope you all will now have mastery over difficult identifications and enrich your birding experience greatly.

Now Presenting...

THE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO BIRD IDENTIFICATION!

2053941505_TheUltimateguidetoBirdIdentification.thumb.PNG.0de3047fddfa828f4f2a33ac9f69a42a.PNG

• Like 1
  • Haha 20

14 minutes ago, Seanbirds said:

For months I have been planning to make a guide that would, once and for all, settle all tricky IDs and make them easy. I have tried many different methods for Identifying birds, but none have worked so well as the one I have settled on to use in my guide. I hope you all will now have mastery over difficult identifications and enrich your birding experience greatly.

Now Presenting...

2053941505_TheUltimateguidetoBirdIdentification.thumb.PNG.0de3047fddfa828f4f2a33ac9f69a42a.PNG

That's fantastic -and so simple. You should publish it. Sean Cowden's Field Guide to the Birds of North America!

• Haha 7

46 minutes ago, Seanbirds said:

Now Presenting...

Thank you so much! I had so much trouble identifying Bird vs. Bird, but now I can all thanks to this wonderful and helpful guide!

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

• 1 year later...
56 minutes ago, Quiscalus quiscula said:

There's a superstition that when you see a cardinal, the bird is the spirit of a dead relative. 

I've never heard that one, but not surprised. I heard in my growing up years that if a bird got into the house or sat on a window sill looking in that someone was going to die there soon. I knew some people that really believed it. Must not be true, though, or I would have been dead a long time ago!!

• Like 1