Whatbird Community

8/31/21

Okay, so I am going to show you pictures of birds I have gotten pictures of every day (if I can, probably not on Sundays). It gives me a reason to do birding more often. 

1. This mourning I have gotten a picture of one migrant I have never seen here (apart from yesterday, but that was a female) it is a Yellow Warbler! I got really happy when I had saw him and I was glad to take pictures of him. This was the only guy I got so far, and that was before I had breakfast so here he is.

IMG_8621.thumb.JPG.6dd36c99926b4aaddfcf6185f1de075f.JPGIMG_8622.thumb.JPG.a1bc765af834c62c2a95719cc97e71fd.JPG

I will show you more later if I see any in the comments bellow.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Kevin said:

It must be that because I am a mod I don't have one any more. 

"Ha ha!  I'm a mod and the rest of y'all can just go eat red millet and moldy peanuts!"  :classic_tongue:

In almost three years, I've used 150 megabytes of 975.  I should be good for the better part of a couple more decades.  This is why it's important to crop before pasting, kids.

Edited by Charlie Spencer
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, Charlie Spencer said:

"Ha ha!  I'm a mod and the rest of y'all can just go eat red millet and moldy peanuts!"  :classic_tongue:

In almost three years, I've used 150 megabytes of 975.  I should be good for the better part of a couple more decades.  This is why it's important to crop before pasting, kids.

I have used 2.51 MB of my 976.56 MB limit...so I'm good to go for a few decades too, lol! Saving space is why I almost always crop my photos...and cropping also helps to get more eye-pleasing photos...in my opinion. 🙂

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lonesome55dove said:

I have used 2.51 MB of my 976.56 MB limit...so I'm good to go for a few decades too, lol! Saving space is why I almost always crop my photos...and cropping also helps to get more eye-pleasing photos...in my opinion. 🙂

When posting here, I crop as close to the bird as I can.  I'm not after eye-pleasing here as much as saving space.  Technically, I don't crop photos for posting here; I take a tight screen capture of the open image, then paste that.

When posting for eBird / Macaulay, then I try for eye-pleasing.  I've only recently started cropping at all, and I'm resubmitting many of my earlier photos.  I think you've heard me rant before about how editing intimidates me due to the lack of 'right' and 'wrong'.

Edited by Charlie Spencer
  • Like 1