Whatbird Community

Liam's Weekly Quiz!

Liam

Just now, Liam said:

See above for the source of the confusion. I didn't realize the DM threads stayed in y'all's inbox when I wiped my inbox. So I needed you to send me a new DM for your weekly quiz, but alas, I tagged BrdNrd instead of BirdNrd.

I tell you what - if you send me a screenshot of your inbox showing your guess, I'll give you full credit for whatever you guessed.

I deleted it because I thought I was supposed to make a new thread?

• Like 1

On 11/12/2021 at 4:58 PM, BirdNrd said:

I deleted it because I thought I was supposed to make a new thread?

On 11/12/2021 at 5:03 PM, BirdNrd said:

Yes, but it's on a new thread than last weeks.

On 11/12/2021 at 5:06 PM, BirdNrd said:

It's on a new thread, so I deleted the old thread with last weeks guess.

On 11/12/2021 at 5:10 PM, BirdNrd said:

I assume there is no way to look at deleted threads, unless mods can.

I'm a bit confused here. You messaged me your scaup guess on an old DM thread and deleted the thread? Or you created a new thread and messaged me your scaup guess? I didn't receive either thread.

The mix-up was my fault, however, so I will award you the 6 points in good faith.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Liam said:

I'm a bit confused here. You messaged me your scaup guess on an old DM thread and deleted the thread? Or you created a new thread and messaged me your scaup guess? I didn't receive either thread.

The mix-up was my fault, however, so I will award you the 6 points in good faith.

I messaged you the scaup on the old thread and then deleted it after you said you were deleting all of your threads to save space. 

The two middle birds are Neotropic, and the farthest rightmost bird is Double-crested. The farthest leftmost bird looks like it could be Neotropic, as I don't think that I see any yellow above the eye, but it is a weird angle, so not 100% sure, perhaps best left as Neotropic/Double-crested Cormorant.

As for the ageing, (left -> right), 2nd-year, nonbreeding adult, nonbreeding adult, winter adult.

Edited by Bird-Boys

1 hour ago, Bird-Boys said:

The two middle birds are Neotropic, and the farthest rightmost bird is Double-crested. The farthest leftmost bird looks like it could be Neotropic, as I don't think that I see any yellow above the eye, but it is a weird angle, so not 100% sure, perhaps best left as Neotropic/Double-crested Cormorant.

As for the ageing, (left -> right), 2nd-year, nonbreeding adult, nonbreeding adult, winter adult.

You're suppose to message @Liam for the answer.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Liam said:

Heads up - tomorrow I will be traveling to Arlington to chase a continuing Northern Shrike. If I post the scoreboard, it will be tomorrow evening or maybe even later...

Nice! My grandparents live about 30 minutes from there, if is is still around by thanksgiving, maybe I'll try to convince my parents we need to go....

• Like 2