Whatbird Community

Liam's Weekly Quiz!

46 minutes ago, Liam said:

9. BlueJay, Clip - 0 points

Where did you come up with this? I didn't participate in this one. And I didn't Guess Blue Jay last week.

Edited by Clip
  • Like 1

Just now, Clip said:

Where did you come up with this? I didn't participate in this one.

The score is additive, so this week's points simply add earned points on from the previous week's scoreboard. Since you didn't participate this week, no additional points were added to your score.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Clip said:

Where did you come up with this? I didn't participate in this one. And I didn't Guess Blue Jay last week.

The score board adds up from previous weeks, and Blue Jay is a member not the bird. 

• Like 4

This week's quiz includes multiple species!

The rules apply to each species! You get 3 points for each species guessed correctly, though I won't disclose the number of species in the quiz. So, for example, if there are 6 species in a photo and you correctly guess all of them, you get 18 points!!

Since there are three individuals, please refer to them by their position in the photo so I know what answer to assign to which individual.

As usual, DM me your answers, preferably in the same thread you have used to correspond with me previously.

608vWFV.jpg

• Like 10
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Liam said:

This week's quiz includes multiple species!

The rules apply to each species! You get 3 points for each species guessed correctly, though I won't disclose the number of species in the quiz. So, for example, if there are 6 species in a photo and you correctly guess all of them, you get 18 points!!

Since there are three individuals, please refer to them by their position in the photo so I know what answer to assign to which individual.

As usual, DM me your answers, preferably in the same thread you have used to correspond with me previously.

608vWFV.jpg

What is the brown and white blob behind the right most bird?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Quiscalus quiscula said:

I was so sure that this week's quiz was a Saltmarsh Sparrow- Savannah only lurked in the back of my mind. Problem when using only an Eastern field guide to identify the bird- western subspecies aren't mentioned.

Order one of these, it is well worth it.

https://www.amazon.com/Sibley-Guide-Birds-2nd/dp/030795790X/ref=sr_1_4?crid=2NXOB2ZM9DE16&dchild=1&keywords=sibley+guide+to+birds&qid=1632527101&s=books&sprefix=Sibley's+bird+gu%2Cstripbooks%2C208&sr=1-4

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kevin said:

Ah, yeah I probably should sometime. For now, though, I'll just have to remember to use my old Western field guide as well as Eastern. In combination they are basically equivalent.