Whatbird Community

Flycatcher ID

1 minute ago, Kevin said:

It was almost to the second page, which generally means it disappears in to Whatbird history...

Well, that's the way things are. This forum isn't that active, so it's always nice to see a spurt of activity and conversation on a thread, but eventually we have to accept that 'death' comes to all threads.

Edited by Quiscalus quiscula
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Quiscalus quiscula said:

Well, that's the way things are. This forum isn't that active, so it's always nice to see a spurt of activity and conversation on a thread, 

Forums are going out of fashion, most everyone is now on facebook and all those places. 

• Sad 7

Oh, you mean this particular thread is dying? The handwriting is on the wall? I could keep it alive for a few more minutes with stories about some of my relatives. Like the doctor who was murdered many years ago, when doctors still carried bags, because apparently someone thought he might be carrying drugs. Or the musician who George D. Hay invited to come be a permanent fixture on the Grand Ole Opry. Or the two relatives who have towns named after them. I don't know as much about the relative who was sent to Australia for stealing horses.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, HamRHead said:

Oh, you mean this particular thread is dying? The handwriting is on the wall? I could keep it alive for a few more minutes with stories about some of my relatives. Like the doctor who was murdered many years ago, when doctors still carried bags, because apparently someone thought he might be carrying drugs. Or the musician who George D. Hay invited to come be a permanent fixture on the Grand Ole Opry. Or the two relatives who have towns named after them. I don't know as much about the relative who was sent to Australia for stealing horses.

And I could tell you exactly how I am related to both a goddess and an emperor, and about the saga of always having both parts of my name pronounced wrong.

• Like 3

Just now, Kevin said:

Don't you know this is Whatbird, not Whatperson? I'm a Yellow-throated Warbler, @Seanbirds is a Green Jay, @HamRHead a Blue-gray Gnatchatcher....But you are not a Common Grackle!?! 

😛

I know, everyone who has a profile picture has a bird! @The Bird Nuts is an Ovenbird, and @Birding Boy is most recently a Chestnut-sided Warbler as well!

1 minute ago, Quiscalus quiscula said:

I know, everyone who has a profile picture has a bird! @The Bird Nuts is an Ovenbird, and @Birding Boy is most recently a Chestnut-sided Warbler as well!

The reason we have to change our profile photos is because the scientist change stuff around so much. They say we are one species then they change it, then they split us in to two species, then they merge us back again...

• Haha 7

2 minutes ago, Kevin said:

The reason we have to change our profile photos is because the scientist change stuff around so much. They say we are one species then they change it, then they split us in to two species, then they merge us back again...

Well, I must have picked a good species, because I don't think the Common Grackle is in any danger of that. Then my entire username might become obsolete!

• Haha 2

Do y'all ever get told you look like a well-known personality? Years ago someone told me I looked like Sinbad. More recently a lady went on and on about how I looked just like Randy Travis. And even more recently, on two different occasions, strangers came up to me and told me I looked like Jeremy Clarkson. I'm not sure if that's a compliment.😆

• Haha 6

7 hours ago, HamRHead said:

Do y'all ever get told you look like a well-known personality? Years ago someone told me I looked like Sinbad. More recently a lady went on and on about how I looked just like Randy Travis. And even more recently, on two different occasions, strangers came up to me and told me I looked like Jeremy Clarkson. I'm not sure if that's a compliment.😆

But not Chet Atkins or Buddy Baker?

• Haha 3