Whatbird Community

2 hours ago, Mike_56 said:

Credit to russian artist Vladimir Shorohov

Looks great but... I don't think we want nudity here

And this site is not related to either of those things. In addition, the images were not bird-related, and it seems that the poster does not own the copyright. Please feel free to share your original bird-related artwork.

• Thanks 4

Since dinosaurs are believed to be moderately related to birds, would posting an image of a Velociraptor I drew count as bird-related?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Nighthawk01 said:

Since dinosaurs are believed to be moderately related to birds, would posting an image of a Velociraptor I drew count as bird-related?

I think there is a certain amount of flexibility regarding the content of the art, and photos too, as long as they are your own art/photos and they're not inappropriate for these forums. I am not a moderator but I don't think anyone would object to a drawing showing bird's early ancestors.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, The Bird Nuts said:

I added a little to this piece every evening until there was no more room on the paper. :classic_biggrin:

Wow! And at first I thought you did it without using any paisley's but then I saw them. Are you going to add color?

11 minutes ago, HamRHead said:

Wow! And at first I thought you did it without using any paisley's but then I saw them. Are you going to add color?

I wasn't planning on adding color.  Chickadees are black and white anyway. 😛

1 hour ago, The Bird Nuts said:

I added a little to this piece every evening until there was no more room on the paper. :classic_biggrin:

chickadee%2Bink1.jpg

Do another 15 or 20 like that and you could publish an adult coloring book for birders 😄

• Like 4

On 11/9/2018 at 4:35 AM, The Bird Nuts said:

chickadee%2Bink1.jpg

That's one wonderful art! Nice

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Melierax said:

Yeah so... I did this with a touchpad using 32 colors on a computer running windows 98

That's nice!  You know you can mix your own colors on that old version of MS Paint, right?  I still use the old Paint, too; it's a lot of fun.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, The Bird Nuts said:

That's nice!  You know you can mix your own colors on that old version of MS Paint, right?  I still use the old Paint, too; it's a lot of fun.

Thanks! Yeah I know that, it was just a personal challenge and I wanted the more divided look. 

Edited by Melierax
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Melierax said:

Thanks! Yeah I know that, it was just a personal challenge and I wanted the more divided look. 

I see, that's a great way to challenge yourself!  You did a really good job with the shading.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, The Bird Nuts said:

I see, that's a great way to challenge yourself!  You did a really good job with the shading.

Thanks a lot!

5 minutes ago, MerMaeve said:

Amazing art, everyone!  I'm only good at copying and tracing or horses. :classic_blush:

Well, Pegasus would be fine. :classic_smile: