Jump to content
Whatbird Community

ABA Rare Bird Alert


meghann
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Liam said:

A first state record Trindade Petrel was photographed in Nueces County, Texas on 22 Feb 2022 by Skip Cantrell. If accepted, this will be Texas' 659th species after Bat Falcon is accepted as #658.

qponbvo.jpg

W

O

W

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Liam said:

A first state record Trindade Petrel was photographed in Nueces County, Texas on 22 Feb 2022 by Skip Cantrell. If accepted, this will be Texas' 659th species after Bat Falcon is accepted as #658.

qponbvo.jpg

And only 350 ebird sightings world wide for all time! - if I looked at it correctly.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Connor Cochrane said:

My beautiful photo of the San Diego Little Stint

2400?__hstc=264660688.92ba2051e995361fd7

How difficult was finding it? I’m thinking about heading down there for it over spring break if it’s still there. You need a scope, right?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, IKLland said:

How difficult was finding it? I’m thinking about heading down there for it over spring break if it’s still there. You need a scope, right?

It wasn't that difficult, it showed up with 45 minutes of scoping. The difficult part was identifying it, I had to watch it for around 20 minutes before I felt confident calling it the LIST. You do need a scope.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Connor Cochrane said:

It wasn't that difficult, it showed up with 45 minutes of scoping. The difficult part was identifying it, I had to watch it for around 20 minutes before I felt confident calling it the LIST. You do need a scope.

Thanks. I’m super busy for the next upcoming weeks, but maybe over spring break in early April I get try for it. It’s been pretty slow in my county, most of the good stuff in in LA or San Diego.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Quiscalus quiscula said:

It is over three hours drive away. Unfortunately, no way I'm going to be able to convince my parents to drive me that far.

I'd suggest that even if they offered, a three hour drive to go and stare at a thousand white geese looking for a slightly different one isn't conducive to a future offer anyway.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, PaulK said:

I'd suggest that even if they offered, a three hour drive to go and stare at a thousand white geese looking for a slightly different one isn't conducive to a future offer anyway.

True, true. Still, I bet I'd get some other waterfowl to add to my life list if I went there- it's practically inevitable since I've only seen four duck species and haven't even seen Snow Geese yet.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Peromyscus said:

I wonder if that's the bird from Queen Anne's County a few miles to the north, which hasn't been eBirded for at least 7 days before my typing this.

There's been speculation that it's a bird previously seen elsewhere.

Also, Redwing in St. John's, NEWFOUNDLAND

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/8/2022 at 5:57 PM, neilpa said:

Possible Whooper Swan in Monroe, Washington - https://ebird.org/checklist/S102303358

Reported as a Bewick's but some of the top local birders are thinking Whooper

This fine fellow spent several hours on an urban lake in Vancouver today, before continuing on North. First record for BC. I just hopped onto Instagram and the first six posts on my feed were all of this bird from different local birders.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...