Whatbird Community

Confirming magnolia warbler

There’s been one at this location for a few days. I saw it after sunset( why does that always happen to me?) and my iso was way up. I’m hoping based on the under tail pattern, we can confirm it. In person( without a blurry photo), it had a grayish head. 
thanks

today Orange County, Ca. 
thanks

347E572C-1FAD-4CDF-9BB0-42B0A9336493.jpeg

1 minute ago, Aidan B said:

You've been getting some great birds lately!

Thanks, there’s been a lot of rarity’s coming through my county that I’ve been chasing. I still haven’t had a self found rarity yet, though. Unfortunately. 

Edited by IKLland
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, IKLland said:

Thanks, there’s been a lot of rarity’s coming through my county that I’ve been chasing.

I've been chasing a lot lately as well! Sadly, none of it has been in my county. I think all the east coast rarities have purposely been avoiding Sacramento!

Edited by Aidan B
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Aidan B said:

I've been chasing a lot lately as well! Sadly, none of it has been in my county. I think all the east coast rarities have purposely been avoiding Sacramento!

I think all the east coast birds moved to California!! 😂 😭 😠

• Haha 7

54 minutes ago, Birding Boy said:

Could you guys at least send a couple western warblers over here?!?! I’d very much like a Black-throated Gray, but I understand if it has to be a Townsend’s. 

Massachusetts had both a MacGillivray's and Black-throated Gray recently.

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, meghann said:

Massachusetts had both a MacGillivray's and Black-throated Gray recently.

That may as well be the west. Nowhere near Michigan!!! Seriously though, that's awesome, I didn't hear about that. Did you get to see either of them?

• Like 1

Just now, Birding Boy said:

That may as well be the west. Nowhere near Michigan!!! Seriously though, that's awesome, I didn't hear about that. Did you get to see either of them?

No. I'm way down in Georgia. Sigh.

10 hours ago, Birding Boy said:

Could you guys at least send a couple western warblers over here?!?! I’d very much like a Black-throated Gray, but I understand if it has to be a Townsend’s. 

Townsends are uncommon ( in my experience), and black throated gray and fairly common( in my experience. )

this is my experience in my area. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IKLland said:

Townsends are uncommon ( in my experience), and black throated gray and fairly common( in my experience. )

this is my experience in my area. 

Black-throated Gray sing a LOT during the spring so I have a much easier time finding them than Townsend’s, but I get Townsend’s at my suet feeder all winter. 

• Like 1