Whatbird Community

Shorebird (suspect White-rumped Sandpiper) - SW MI 10/20 - posting for another birder

13 hours ago, Charlie Spencer said:

Well, since you asked, I'd like to know what it is that appears to be 'bathroom tissue' stuck to this bird's caboose.

Last time I was at this fluddle it had a very Royal Rumble feel to it.  I'm guessing those are leftover feathers of the victims of the line survivor, this bird.  

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, chipperatl said:

Last time I was at this fluddle it had a very Royal Rumble feel to it.  I'm guessing those are leftover feathers of the victims of the line survivor, this bird.  

Fluddle?  Royal Rumble?  Line survivor?

I'm guessing this was a joke since sandpipers aren't predatory, but it went over my head like a kettle of migrating raptors.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Charlie Spencer said:

Fluddle?  Royal Rumble?  Line survivor?

I'm guessing this was a joke since sandpipers aren't predatory, but it went over my head like a kettle of migrating raptors.

Fluddle = bigger than mud puddle, smaller than a flooded field

Royal Rumble = winner take all wrestling match

Yes a joke as it looks like something has torn apart a few dozen other birds there, although guessing the larger number of Sandhills must be dropping feathers.  

• Thanks 1