Whatbird Community

Bird dreams

Seanbirds

4 hours ago, Avery said:

Last night I had a dream where I was birding at a fictitious hotspot

Same, but never dreamt about it before. It was like a mix of Quivira, Slate Creek Wetlands (a local hotspot), and Anahuac NWR in TX.

Anyway I found a bunch of Barrow’s Goldeneyes there in my dream, but I was really aggravated because I DIDN’T HAVE MY CAMERA WITH ME!! 
??

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

I had a funny dream last night.  I was walking down a road at night with my siblings and we came across something like 9 Saw-Whet or Screech-Owls (can't remember) sitting in a hedge with a bunch of starlings. :classic_blink:  We were using our headlamps to look at them and get pictures and everyone was talking WAY TOO LOUD because we were so excited. ?

Edited by The Bird Nuts
  • Haha 5

• 3 weeks later...

I once had a dream of a bird that was mostly a really black-backed gull with yellow feet. But it had a long oystercatcher-red bill. It flew off the top of a one-story building near my office. The setting was 100% accurate, just the 'gull' wasn't real. That's about the only bird dream I've had in the past 25 years. For some reason I almost never dream of birds.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Quiscalus quiscula said:

Interesting. Ours usually go to seed in late August-October. I hope we're talking about the same jewelweed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impatiens_capensis

Hmm...maybe it should be September.  But I was trying to think of when we see the last of the Ruby-throats and that is late September.  I think some jewelweed is still blooming after they leave.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2022 at 4:04 PM, Avery said:

I had a dream the other night I saw 5 Barn Owls flying at sunset. I could hear them calling too!

I have had that dream before! Oh hold it a second, it was the same except for the calling and it was a bit later in the evening plus it was 7 of them, and was not a dream. But anyway, except for those small details, it was just the same!

?

• Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...

Any one here sleep walk? I used to, I didn't think I did it any more, but I had an interesting night. I went to bed last night with a sore throat, and not feeling too good, any way I half way woke up about 1:30, and thought I was on our couch, I decided I was dreaming and when back to sleep, I wasn't dreaming, I woke up this morning on the couch. ?‍♂️

• Haha 5

On 2/19/2022 at 5:19 PM, Kevin said:

Any one here sleep walk? I used to, I didn't think I did it any more, but I had an interesting night. I went to bed last night with a sore throat, and not feeling too good, any way I half way woke up about 1:30, and thought I was on our couch, I decided I was dreaming and when back to sleep, I wasn't dreaming, I woke up this morning on the couch. ?‍♂️

My younger brother used to almost every night, and talk in his sleep too - whole conversations sometimes. A couple of times he made it outside of the house ?

• Haha 1