Whatbird Community
Sign in to follow this  
Johnd

Those Almost Good shots

and  remember one caption that I would swore to use again

here i had this wonderful shot of tree and a bird flew across it - oh I have had my share of those..

This is from less than a year ago.  I had recently retired and had bought a good camera for my traveling and so I could try out wildlife photography as a hobby.  I am sitting at my kitchen table reading the user manual when a hawk landed in a tree in my back yard.  I really had no idea what I was doing, but I fired off a couple of shots with my new camera.  All in all, it was not a terrible picture.  But in my haste and confusion with operating the camera, I did not get it fully in frame and cut off its tail!   Other than some test shots at my kitchen wall, this was the first "real" picture with my new camera.

451079351_CoopersHawkbackyard-WestChesterPA-1-21-18.thumb.jpg.794924fce1a9e1c8aad7e28b24ae5130.jpg

• Like 2

I'm not sure how I was able to get this close to a shoveler, but the cattails got in the way!20190104103125-min.thumb.JPG.7b1a13b2024df4755d5125c538a5eb9e.JPG

• Like 1
  • Sad 1