Jump to content
Whatbird Community

New mystery guest at feeder...


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, BirdsIviewCam said:

Might as well keep this thread going with my mystery birds

Actually, you'll get better results here in the long run if you start a new topic for each new bird.  If you add to an existing one, others who have already seen the topic may skip over it.

Nice bird.  Any chance you had suet in that cage until recently?  That might explain why a non-seed-eating warbler would be there.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/5/2021 at 10:55 AM, Charlie Spencer said:

Nice bird.  Any chance you had suet in that cage until recently?  That might explain why a non-seed-eating warbler would be there.

Why yes...Instead of placing a block of the suet that I wasn't getting any success with...I break the suet up in the cages and mix in the sunflower seeds!  So it appears the birds like me to cut up their suet in bite size pieces! 

So is this picture the same bird or something different?

image.png.b801fccafb42d41353b9acfc310dc70f.png

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, BirdsIviewCam said:

Why yes...Instead of placing a block of the suet that I wasn't getting any success with...I break the suet up in the cages and mix in the sunflower seeds!  So it appears the birds like me to cut up their suet in bite size pieces! 

So is this picture the same bird or something different?

image.png.b801fccafb42d41353b9acfc310dc70f.png

That's a Pine Warbler. They frequently will go to feeders (not mine 😠)

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, BirdsIviewCam said:

Why yes...Instead of placing a block of the suet that I wasn't getting any success with...I break the suet up in the cages and mix in the sunflower seeds!  So it appears the birds like me to cut up their suet in bite size pieces! 

So is this picture the same bird or something different?

image.png.b801fccafb42d41353b9acfc310dc70f.png

Different. It’s a Pine Warbler.

sniped!

Edited by Seanbirds
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Charlie Spencer said:

Tractor Supply's Royal Wing suet, Woodpecker blend.  It's something like 45% or 50% fat.  I have a maitre'd taking reservations at the cage.

Primary Ingredient(s)    Rendered Beef Suet, Black Oil Sunflower Seed, Peanut Meal, Cracked Corn, Striped Sunflower Seed, Peanuts, Raisins, Pecans, Almonds

Nutrient    Analysis
Crude Protein    6% min
Crude Fat    54% min
Crude Fiber    18% max

 

Forget the birds!  That sounds yummy!

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have seen some blue jays near my area, so I installed a feeder with the aim of bringing them to my yard. After reading some reviews of the best feeder for blue jays, I decided to give Twinkle Star a try. It's pretty nice, with a capacity of up to 2.15 lbs. The 7.9-inch tray at the bottom is a big plus. It allows birds that enjoy pecking peanuts through the feeding ports with little waste.

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/7/2021 at 11:52 PM, SteveEarsom said:

I have seen some blue jays near my area, so I installed a feeder with the aim of bringing them to my yard. After reading some reviews of the best feeder for blue jays, I decided to give Twinkle Star a try. It's pretty nice, with a capacity of up to 2.15 lbs. The 7.9-inch tray at the bottom is a big plus. It allows birds that enjoy pecking peanuts through the feeding ports with little waste.

 This ornamental piece could be my best bet for secure and convenient feeding, hassle-free cleaning and refilling, and easy setup.

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Today's Birthdays

    No users celebrating today
  • Who's Online (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
  • Tell a friend

    Love Whatbird Community? Tell a friend!
×
×
  • Create New...