Whatbird Community

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So you figure we’re hard to tell apart? How’s this for you?

"Which way did they go?"   "They went that-away!"

Posted Images

Here's a nice one from a few years ago. Had a really nice setup with a pear tree 10 feet from my living room window, which was luckily half-dead so there wasn't much leaf cover. Anyway, here's a pooping bushtit.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
On 1/27/2021 at 9:16 AM, MichaelLong said:

Dear Dairy: the Ducks have not caught on yet, ever since I learned to swim, my work as a spy has been much easier 

IMG_0999.thumb.JPG.b447364a2c14bc4c23419f4d40b6633b.JPG

I will stop posting bad ones here, this is so much funnier than my gull chicken.

Here we see the magnificent tumbleweed, tumbling through it's natural habitat. This water tumbling tumbler grows spines on it's heaviest side, to terrorize the oceans inhabitants more affectively. In the kingdoms of the ocean, it is used as a medieval torture device.

IMG_1575.thumb.JPG.448c4a66db1f22d3cad2665d20eb889a.JPG

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, TexasCobra said:

My hummingbirds are solitary assassins but the birds in this clip seem to be crowding the food and bar emporium at the Superbowl!

That's probably about as many Hummers as I've seen in my whole life!!

27 minutes ago, TexasCobra said:

My hummingbirds are solitary assassins but the birds in this clip seem to be crowding the food and bar emporium at the Superbowl!

Wowwowowowowow! That is 10x the hummers I’ve seen in my life. Living in the east, we only get one regular species, I MUST experience western hummingbirds at some point! I’m assuming these are migrating birds, they don’t look too territorial. 

2 hours ago, Birding Boy said:

Wowwowowowowow! That is 10x the hummers I’ve seen in my life. Living in the east, we only get one regular species, I MUST experience western hummingbirds at some point! I’m assuming these are migrating birds, they don’t look too territorial. 

While that's private, there are a couple places I know that are like this that are public in the West Coast.