Whatbird Community

LOL forum topic

Had to go dig up this old photo of my dad. We were out snow camping and we had a young friend along who had never experienced 'camp robbers' as they're known locally. My dad was trying to take a picture with his phone of the kid hand feeding them and send it to his dad but while he was trying to get a shot the subject of it all decided to return the favor and check him out - so I was the one who ended up getting the picture. 😄

20240118_155159.jpg

Edited by SirVive
  • Like 7
  • Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...

Masked vandals enjoying a bath in my backyard pool.  They feast on juniper berries.  I do not begrudge them the berries.  Unfortunately they paint the flagstone pool deck with the remains of those berries.  That forces me to drag the power washer out of the tool shed to clean up after them!

Cedar Waxwings

The bird at center right appears to be acting as life guard.  Perhaps I should register a complaint with him.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...

Visit my central Texas hostel.  The owl house is unoccupied and available free of charge.  Dining on free range chipmunks, field mice, and squirrels is excellent.  March temperatures are in the eighties.  Come  on down.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, jayD said:

three out of four made it through the winter

DSC_5670a.jpg

At first glance I didn't know what I was looking at and then I zoomed in. My second glance focused on the left, most recognizable of the three post toppings, but I was left questioning myself why anyone would mount a stuffed toy condor on a stump or fence post. It wasn't until I looked past the bald head and white collar of the condor that I saw the halloween pumpkin below. 😄

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, SirVive said:

Betting the previous 4 legged owner was no less protective 😄

I took this photo about 3 minutes before I was backed into a fence by a barking and growling rottweiler, with the owner slowly walking along saying "he's friendly!"