Whatbird Community

Is this an immature bald eagle or something else?

5 hours ago, Kevin said:

Bald Eagle.

Hey Kevin

Sorry, but couldn't contain myself after I saw your bucket list, so I used your number 3 for my picture that I shot a few years ago.  I also viewed you great eBird pictures online and ran across the American Wigeon you took on 4 Nov 21.   If you shot that in RAW format, I think I could salvage it for you if you'd like.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, xrascal said:

Hey Kevin

Sorry, but couldn't contain myself after I saw your bucket list, so I used your number 3 for my picture that I shot a few years ago.  I also viewed you great eBird pictures online and ran across the American Wigeon you took on 4 Nov 21.   If you shot that in RAW format, I think I could salvage it for you if you'd like.

Hi!  I shoot in jpg. I am afraid I don't really care that much about photography. I probably would care more if I had the time, but I just don't really.

You are welcome to try to fixe that photo up if you want to though. 

so I used your number 3 for my picture that I shot a few years ago. 

Can you elaborate on that? I don't think I quite understand...

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, xrascal said:

Hey Kevin

What I meant was, I hadn't taken the time to create an icon for myself, so I dug out a picture I took of a Snowy Owl.  I should have cropped it a little more.

Bob

Oh, I see! 

So here is something interesting for y'all, or at least I find it so, I am on my mom's computer and to the right there is a 
Snowy Owl painting, and to the left a Gyrfalcon painting, both by John James Audubon. It is a total fluke, they were in the house before I ever started birding. 

https://www.audubon.org/birds-of-america/snowy-owl

https://www.audubon.org/birds-of-america/iceland-or-jer-falcon

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Kevin said:

Hi!  I shoot in jpg. I am afraid I don't really care that much about photography. I probably would care more if I had the time, but I just don't really.

You are welcome to try to fixe that photo up if you want to though. 

Can you elaborate on that? I don't think I quite understand...

Hi Kevin

Sorry, jpg just doesn't cut it trying to recover blown out images.  This is the best I could get it due to a lack of pixels etc.  I first had to eliminate all the trees because they just look weird when blown out.  The colors are probably incorrect also since not having the original, the program just had to guess on what it originally looked like.  What are you using for a camera?  I think the bottom one closest to the center and the top one closest to the top right corner are males.  The other ones are too small to tell.

Bob

AmericanWigeon.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, xrascal said:

Hi Kevin

Sorry, jpg just doesn't cut it trying to recover blown out images.  This is the best I could get it due to a lack of pixels etc.  I first had to eliminate all the trees because they just look weird when blown out.  The colors are probably incorrect also since not having the original, the program just had to guess on what it originally looked like.  What are you using for a camera?  I think the bottom one closest to the center and the top one closest to the top right corner are males.  The other ones are too small to tell.

Bob

AmericanWigeon.jpg

Until I read that you had removed the trees, I didn't think it was my photo! 

I currently am using the Nikon CoolPix P1000, but any photos before July 30, are with the  Nikon CoolPix P900. It may not be the best camera ever, but I really enjoy having that zoom. It is really helpful being that I am mostly just looking for confirmation shots for eBird. 

• Like 5