Whatbird Community

Just a chipping?

12 hours ago, Connor Cochrane said:

They do here in a lot of costal nor cal. I feel like it’s the only part of the country where they aren’t common. I usually don’t see more than 10 a year in my county. 

Actually, it’s the same down here. I very rarely see the, here, and it’s only in the winter. They’re not flagged, though. I see the, only at this one park, but there is 20 or so of them there. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Connor Cochrane said:

They do here in a lot of costal nor cal. I feel like it’s the only part of the country where they aren’t common. I usually don’t see more than 10 a year in my county. 

The one Chipping Sparrow I have seen in my county made it on the rare bird alert.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, IKLland said:

Actually, it’s the same down here. I very rarely see the, here, and it’s only in the winter. They’re not flagged, though. I see the, only at this one park, but there is 20 or so of them there. 

Really? Most of the parks I've visited during the winter in the LA/Orange County area seem to be full of Chipping Sparrow. 

1 hour ago, Colton V said:

The one Chipping Sparrow I have seen in my county made it on the rare bird alert.

I would've thought they would breed around Portland. Maybe it's too wet?

• Like 1