Whatbird Community

Birds seen on south end of Marco Island, Florida

I need some help identifying 4 birds. These birds, except for the crow, were seen today, January 22, 2022 at the south end of Marco Island, Florida. The one with the orange legs I think is a ruddy turnstone. I'm not sure about the gulls. As far as the crow, it was seen on January 17, 2022 along route 41 east of Marco Island.  I'm wondering if it is a raven, maybe? Any help is appreciated. 

IMG_1812.JPG

IMG_1830 (2).JPG

IMG_1838 (2).JPG

1 hour ago, meghann said:

First bird is in indeed a crow, either Fish or American. Without vocalization it's about impossible to tell them apart, though.

Second photo is a Laughing gull and I *think* an immature Ring-billed Gull.

I agree, also the third photo is of Ruddy Turnstones.

• Like 2

The birder mantra: if you think it's a raven, it's a crow. If you know it's a raven, it's a raven.

Common Raven would be a really big deal for Florida, there are no records from eBird. Also, ravens prefer more remote mountainous regions while American and Fish Crows prefer more open, park-like habitats for foraging. Based from the frequency, the crow is a Fish. The legs also look shorter than an American Crow. 

• Like 6