Whatbird Community

Any idea what this little one is?

I just moved out to the West VA area and I constantly see this same little bird on our back porch at night, no others, can't figure out what they are or anything, just kinda curious what kind it may be. It's always by itself and doesn't seem phased by me taking pictures of it.

I'm not the best with pictures and for that I apologize.

20220113_011214.jpg

20220113_011251.jpg

20220113_194229.jpg

On 1/25/2022 at 12:34 PM, Lucian said:

I just moved out to the West VA area and I constantly see this same little bird on our back porch at night, no others, can't figure out what they are or anything, just kinda curious what kind it may be. It's always by itself and doesn't seem phased by me taking pictures of it.

Welcome to WhatBird! House Sparrows are lovely little birds, but unfortunately not always loved because they are an invasive species. Their natural range is in Europe, and they have been introduced to the Americas and have become very well established. Unfortunately, since they are not in their native habitat, they cause damage to some native species. But it's not the birds' fault! They like to live near humans, who supply them with lots of food and nesting sites.

• Like 2