Whatbird Community

BRDL

Avery

Message added by Kevin,

Link to BRDL: https://brdl.alex.gd

2 hours ago, The Bird Nuts said:

PHEW!!  I haven't used a guide or code list yet!

BRDL 18
????
????
????
????
????
????

Me neither! I’m determined to not ever… gonna have to review shearwater and petrel species names at some point in between games… I see those becoming more common the farther we get

Edited by Avery
  • Like 2

On 2/9/2022 at 7:43 AM, neilpa said:

Did pretty well today

BRDL 17
????
????
????

Now that we're safely onto the next day, I'd planned on joking about how Snail Kite was nearly impossible for someone in the Northwest to get. Clearly not!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, PaulK said:

Now that we're safely onto the next day, I'd planned on joking about how Snail Kite was nearly impossible for someone in the Northwest to get. Clearly not!

? I got kinda lucky. My first guesses eliminated a lot of codes that I had to really rack my brain to figure out anything that would fit.

Edited by neilpa
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, neilpa said:

? I got kinda lucky. My first guesses eliminated a lot of codes that I had to really rack my brain to figure out anything that would fit.

I burned a couple of guesses eliminating extra letters to try to narrow it down, and sat there staring for a while with no luck. Finally had to just go through an alphabetized table. Never would have summoned that one on my own!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Peromyscus said:

even with looking at the banding code list

I haven't used the banding code list yet, just the alphabetical list of birds in iBird. I'll have to think about trying the banding code list next time I need help(tomorrow). ?

Edited by lonestranger
Brainfart
  • Like 1