Jump to content
Whatbird Community

BRDL


Avery
 Share

Recommended Posts

BRDL 10
πŸ₯šπŸ₯šπŸ₯šπŸ₯š
πŸ₯šπŸ₯šπŸ₯šπŸ₯š
πŸ₯šπŸ₯šπŸ₯šπŸͺΆ
πŸ₯šπŸͺΆπŸ₯šπŸ₯š
🐦🐦πŸ₯šπŸ₯š
🐦🐦🐦🐦

Yeeeesh

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, chipperatl said:

That 3rd letter….

BRDL 10
πŸ₯šπŸͺΆπŸͺΆπŸ₯š
🐦🐦πŸ₯šπŸ¦
🐦🐦πŸ₯šπŸ¦
🐦🐦πŸ₯šπŸ¦
🐦🐦🐦🐦

SeriouslyΒ 

BRDL 10
🐦🐦πŸ₯šπŸ₯š
🐦🐦πŸ₯šπŸ¦
🐦🐦πŸ₯šπŸ¦
🐦🐦πŸ₯šπŸ¦
🐦🐦🐦🐦

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, chipperatl said:

That 3rd letter….

BRDL 10
πŸ₯šπŸͺΆπŸͺΆπŸ₯š
🐦🐦πŸ₯šπŸ¦
🐦🐦πŸ₯šπŸ¦
🐦🐦πŸ₯šπŸ¦
🐦🐦🐦🐦

Β 

1 hour ago, neilpa said:

SeriouslyΒ 

BRDL 10
🐦🐦πŸ₯šπŸ₯š
🐦🐦πŸ₯šπŸ¦
🐦🐦πŸ₯šπŸ¦
🐦🐦πŸ₯šπŸ¦
🐦🐦🐦🐦

Β 

1 hour ago, Birding Boy said:

😬😯

BRDL 10


πŸ₯šπŸ₯šπŸ₯šπŸ₯š


🐦🐦πŸ₯šπŸ¦


🐦🐦πŸ₯šπŸ¦


🐦🐦πŸ₯šπŸ¦


🐦🐦🐦🐦

I know!

BRDL 10
πŸ₯šπŸ₯šπŸ₯šπŸͺΆ
🐦πŸ₯šπŸ₯šπŸ₯š
🐦🐦πŸ₯šπŸ¦
🐦🐦πŸ₯šπŸ¦
🐦🐦πŸ₯šπŸ¦
🐦🐦🐦🐦

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Avery said:

@chipperatlI got --OW for my first guess so I knew it was an owl. The next two guesses were BDOW and BNOW, which gave me invalid code errors.

I checked this website that @Charlie SpencerΒ shared and it shows BANO as an alternate code for Barn Owl, and BADO for Barred Owl. Both are accepted in BRDL.

https://www.carolinabirdclub.org/bandcodes.html

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, chipperatl said:

That 3rd letter….

BRDL 10
πŸ₯šπŸͺΆπŸͺΆπŸ₯š
🐦🐦πŸ₯šπŸ¦
🐦🐦πŸ₯šπŸ¦
🐦🐦πŸ₯šπŸ¦
🐦🐦🐦🐦

It got me too. 0/6. :classic_sad:

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, lonestranger said:

I checked this website that @Charlie SpencerΒ shared and it shows BANO as an alternate code for Barn Owl, and BADO for Barred Owl. Both are accepted in BRDL.

https://www.carolinabirdclub.org/bandcodes.html

I just went through some of the conflicts listed for the birding codes and it seems like BRDL rejects some codes in favour of the alternate code. I have no idea how or when an alternate code is used, but it might be worth keeping that in mind when a known code isn't accepted.Β 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, lonestranger said:

I checked this website that @Charlie SpencerΒ shared and it shows BANO as an alternate code for Barn Owl, and BADO for Barred Owl. Both are accepted in BRDL.

https://www.carolinabirdclub.org/bandcodes.html

Β 

24 minutes ago, lonestranger said:

I just went through some of the conflicts listed for the birding codes and it seems like BRDL rejects some codes in favour of the alternate code. I have no idea how or when an alternate code is used, but it might be worth keeping that in mind when a known code isn't accepted.Β 

Y'all have no idea how astonished I am to learn that anything I posted would assist in playing this game.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, neilpa said:

I'm pretty sure this is the official banding code list and source of the data used in BRDL

https://www.birdpop.org/docs/misc/Alpha_codes_eng.pdfΒ (or in taxonomic orderΒ https://www.birdpop.org/docs/misc/Alpha_codes_tax.pdf)

Thanks for this! That second one finally let me find the code that BRDL let me enter the other day that I didn't know was a code, and couldn't find. STDA. Apparently it's for Scarlet-thighed Dacnis. πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I also got trapped in that third letter black hole. Lol.

BRDL 10

🐦🐦πŸ₯šπŸ₯š

🐦🐦πŸ₯šπŸ¦

🐦🐦πŸ₯šπŸ¦

🐦🐦πŸ₯šπŸ¦

🐦🐦πŸ₯šπŸ¦

🐦🐦🐦🐦

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...