Whatbird Community

BRDL

Avery

2 minutes ago, IKLland said:

I like to start with one that has some of the more common letters.Β 
Β 

I start with YRWA because there’s a lot of common letters that if I get it wrong or right, I can really narrow down my options.Β 

I usually switch up my starting choices. There's lots of common letters that can be arranged in too many different ways for me to stick to just one opening guess.Β 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Charlie Spencer said:

It's the guessing part that stops me in my tracks, whether it's coming up with codes or actual names.Β  I can process the logic easily enough.Β  Having to make multiple guesses wouldn't discourage me if there was something on the line, but there isn't.Β  When I did come up with something, guessing randomly took the fun out of it for me.Β  I used a list of codes but then I felt like I was doing a word search, another puzzle that doesn't entertain me.

Different strokes.Β  I didn't do well with the original Mastermind, or with Myst either, for basically the same reasons.Β Β :classic_blink:Β Β 

MYST??????....One of my all time favourite games. *paddles in a different direction*

• Haha 1

BRDL 11
πŸ₯šπŸ₯šπŸ₯šπŸ₯š
πŸ₯šπŸ₯šπŸ₯šπŸ₯š
πŸ₯šπŸ₯šπŸ₯šπŸ₯š
πŸ₯šπŸͺΆπŸ₯šπŸ₯š
πŸͺΆπŸͺΆπŸ₯šπŸ¦
🐦🐦🐦🐦

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lonestranger said:

MYST??????....One of my all time favourite games. *paddles in a different direction*

I basically got nowhere with it.Β  I wandered around without that first clue.Β  It never occurred to me to try some of the stuff I read about later.

Fortunately, I bought it 18 months after it premiered so it was marked down.Β  I wasted only $5.00 on it.

I saw from or via Nate Swick on Twitter that the letters S, O, R, and A are the four commonest letters used in the banding codes, though not in that order. I currently start with SORA, and then put it a code that has other vowels. Yesterday I used LIGU as my second guess, which was helpful, though in the end I didn't figure out the code.

The day that the answer was AMGO just happened to be a day where I started with AMRO. That's fastest game so far

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Quiscalus quiscula said:

BRDL 11

πŸ₯šπŸ₯šπŸͺΆπŸ₯š
πŸͺΆπŸ₯šπŸ₯šπŸͺΆ
🐦🐦🐦🐦
Β 
At first after two guesses I gave up and just couldn't think of another guess, but then I left the tab open and the right guess just clicked in my head later.

The power of subconscience is vastly underused

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peromyscus said:

I saw from or via Nate Swick on Twitter that the letters S, O, R, and A are the four commonest letters used in the banding codes, though not in that order. I currently start with SORA, and then put it a code that has other vowels. Yesterday I used LIGU as my second guess, which was helpful, though in the end I didn't figure out the code.

The day that the answer was AMGO just happened to be a day where I started with AMRO. That's fastest game so far

I’ve started using EAKI as it gets me 3 vowels. Β I like that SORA starting point though. Β 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Peromyscus said:

AMRO has been my goto start every day and I'll likely stick with it. Only one day did it produce no hits.

42 minutes ago, neilpa said:

AMRO has been my goto start every day and I'll likely stick with it. Only one day did it produce no hits.

I'm keeping the answers, and my strategy, on a spreadsheet. If only so I won't try to guess eg. TUVU again. I started with AMRO for the very first game, and was able to guess the answer on the second line. But it took some thinking. The AMRO/AMGO game was obviously a lot quicker.

• Like 1