Whatbird Community

BRDL

Avery

Message added by Kevin,

Link to BRDL: https://brdl.alex.gd

30 minutes ago, lonestranger said:

How does everyone feel about hints/spoilers being discussed about the current game? I know some people drop little hints, sometimes without knowing it, and sometimes there's bigger hints, like the one I dropped above. While my hint doesn't reveal the bird, it does eliminate a lot of options which makes it a pretty big hint.

Unless there are major objections, I suggest that we discuss the current game regardless of the spoilers we might leave behind, instead of trying to it in private or waiting until the next day. For those of us that don't want any spoilers, it's as simple as doing the daily BRDL before we check this thread. We'd have to give everyone a chance to adjust to spoilers being discussed before dropping really obvious spoilers, but I think it's worth considering.

Any thoughts?

Your saying discuss it on this thread, or start a separate thread? 

2 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Your saying discuss it on this thread, or start a separate thread? 

Discuss it here. It seems like many of us try to explain our game without revealing too much when we post our results. I suggest that we stop worrying about revealing too much and discuss the current game openly when we post our results. If everyone does the puzzle before looking here, the comments won't spoil the game, and the discussion will be relevant to the day's current puzzle.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, lonestranger said:

Discuss it here. It seems like many of us try to explain our game without revealing too much when we post our results. I suggest that we stop worrying about revealing too much and discuss the current game openly when we post our results. If everyone does the puzzle before looking here, the comments won't spoil the game, and the discussion will be relevant to the day's current puzzle.

Okay, I'm fine with that.

• Thanks 1

I agree on allowing spoilers. This forum software doesn't appear to have a way to obscure text besides setting the color to white. You found the secret text!

BRDL 130

????
????
????
????
????

I have not seen today's bird.

3 hours ago, lonestranger said:

How does everyone feel about hints/spoilers being discussed about the current game? I know some people drop little hints, sometimes without knowing it, and sometimes there's bigger hints, like the one I dropped above. While my hint doesn't reveal the bird, it does eliminate a lot of options which makes it a pretty big hint.

Unless there are major objections, I suggest that we discuss the current game regardless of the spoilers we might leave behind, instead of trying to discuss it in private or waiting until the next day. For those of us that don't want any spoilers, it's as simple as doing the daily BRDL before we check this thread. We'd have to give everyone a chance to adjust to spoilers being discussed before dropping really obvious spoilers, but I think it's worth considering.

Any thoughts?

I think we can discuss it here, as long as everyone goes to play the game BEFORE they look at the thread. 
BRDL 130
????
????
????
????
????
????

• Like 2

Just to flag that I'd raised this 70-odd pages of comments ago and the concern at the time was that people browse using the "view next unread topic" links, which brings them here without a direct click. I still think this would be a better discussion if we could talk openly about what we found interesting.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Zoroark said:

I agree on allowing spoilers. This forum software doesn't appear to have a way to obscure text besides setting the color to white.

Open quote:

You can put it in a quote.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, PaulK said:

Just to flag that I'd raised this 70-odd pages of comments ago and the concern at the time was that people browse using the "view next unread topic" links, which brings them here without a direct click. I still think this would be a better discussion if we could talk openly about what we found interesting.

I may have been one of those concerned about the next topic issue some 70 odd pages ago, PaulK. I'm willing to risk an accidental spoiler now, both giving and/or receiving, if it means we don't have to be so concerned about what we say regarding the current game.

• Like 2

I say go for it but maybe write the word spoiler and then skip a couple lines if you're going to post something really obvious. Gives people a chance to be reminded if they'd rather not spoil it and haven't remembered to do it yet. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

BRDL 131

????

????

????

????

????

(mild spoiler)

I'd honestly prefer that this doesn't include birds that have never been sighted in North or Central America

Edited by PaulK
  • Like 1