Whatbird Community

Its looks like its American Robin but I am not 100% sure. Can someone help?

10 minutes ago, Charlie Spencer said:

Date, please.  That's an awfully green background so it's not January.  Also, is this your photo or did someone else take it?

Thanks!

There is no way this photo was taken in Wisconsin at any time of year. The habitat looks like something in central/South America. And the bird is not a N.A bird.

22 minutes ago, IKLland said:

There is no way this photo was taken in Wisconsin at any time of year. The habitat looks like something in central/South America. And the bird is not a N.A bird.

It's unusual for me, I admit, but I'm trying to give this new member the benefit of doubt.  Don't worry, I probably won't make a habit of it.

• Like 3

I too, doubt the authenticity of this post, especially because this same user name is getting posts removed from a reddit birding forum for stealing photos.

For fun, though, I have been digging to try to find this species. I think it may be one of the Asian cuckoos. There are a couple with a similar coloration and tail pattern.

Edited by meghann
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Nothing right now. If they return and see that the jig is up, one of two things will happen: 1.) They'll just leave, or 2.) Will dig their heels in and become more of a problem. At that point, you might have grounds to take action.

Edited by meghann