Whatbird Community

Warbler/Flycatcher/Vireo?

I couldn't get a good shot of this bird today in Hempstead NY.  It appears to have a noticeable eye ring,  no wingbars, and pale yellow undersides; a combination that has me stumped. I don't even know if it is a warbler, vireo, or flycatcher (or something else).

bx-1.jpg

bx-2.jpg

19 minutes ago, chipperatl said:

Why I am I getting a Great Crested Flycatcher vibe on this?  

Don’t know! Nothing about this suggests Great crested to me, they don’t even have a strong eye ring, which this clearly has.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, chipperatl said:

Why I am I getting a Great Crested Flycatcher vibe on this?  

4 hours ago, IKLland said:

Don’t know! Nothing about this suggests Great crested to me, they don’t even have a strong eye ring, which this clearly has.

I can see why it looks partly like Great Crested. The ruffed feathers on the head, angle, I've see Great-crested at like the same angle. But definetely Warbling Vireo.

9 hours ago, Tanager 101 said:

https://ebird.org/checklist/S87329553 In this checklist of mine I have Great-crested throwing its head at like the same angle just on the other side.

Might I suggest that you embed the photo you are referring to in the future. No offense, but I have no desire to view your, or anyone else's, entire eBird checklist to find a photo used as a reference here. If there is some reason that embedding the relevant photo isn't possible, a link directly to the image would be better than a link to a checklist full of photos. 

While I can appreciate that you, and others, may wish to get as many eyes on your checklists as possible in the hopes of getting more ratings on your photos, I hope that you, and others, can appreciate that checklist links when referencing one photo are not what I'd call viewer friendly. ?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Charlie Spencer said:

I don’t have a problem with links to eBird or Macaulay.  I do mind links to other third party sites I’m unfamiliar with.  Just me. 

I completely agree with this.

1 hour ago, lonestranger said:

Might I suggest that you embed the photo you are referring to in the future. No offense, but I have no desire to view your, or anyone else's, entire eBird checklist to find a photo used as a reference here. If there is some reason that embedding the relevant photo isn't possible, a link directly to the image would be better than a link to a checklist full of photos. 

While I can appreciate that you, and others, may wish to get as many eyes on your checklists as possible in the hopes of getting more ratings on your photos, I hope that you, and others, can appreciate that checklist links when referencing one photo are not what I'd call viewer friendly. ?

Okay sorry I'll try to do that in the future. It will probably be a link to the exact photo as most of my photos are not the best for how they are organized and I don't have all the photos on the same device. So sorry though! please forgive me!
https://macaulaylibrary.org/asset/334931631 Here is the photo I was referring to for anyone else who wants to see it. 

• Like 1