Whatbird Community

Is this a Flycatcher or western pewee

-I thought flycatcher but not sure what type?  Photo supplied.

It was small -sitting on iron bridge rail, with brush and marsh type water nearby.

Found on May 16, 2022 near  Bondurant Iowa in Chataqua Reserve.

My usual thought is a Great Flycatcher - which I thought larger and has yellowish bottom.

_AA_Ibird challenge_H3A3746.jpg

Thank you - funny when I took the image I thought about a Phoebe.  Then I got hooked on the flycatcher.

I agree to your answer. How do I close out converstaion so I don't get flooded by more answers?

33 minutes ago, jackalope22 said:

Thank you - funny when I took the image I thought about a Phoebe.  Then I got hooked on the flycatcher.

I agree to your answer. How do I close out converstaion so I don't get flooded by more answers?

No need. You may get one or two more confirmations and then focus will shift to unanswered posts. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, jackalope22 said:

You don't need to come back to the thread if you don't want to, although as mentioned above you may get a few more confirmations, and also possibly some helpful ID tips. But you can go to the top of the thread (right-hand side) and click where it says "following" to unfollow; that way you won't get any notifications of replies.

3 hours ago, jackalope22 said:

FYI, phoebes are also flycatchers.