Whatbird Community

Posted (edited)

An Acadian in Colorado would be quite the find. I don't really have much input on identification other than the fact that Acadian would be a big-time rarity so that doesn't seem likely.

Let's see what the experts have to say.

Edited by Seanbirds
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, IKLland said:

My votes for Traill’s. (Willow/Alder). Where exactly in Colorado? 

In the mountains near the Continental Divide. Traill's seems like the only other possibility, but bill is too long and thin for Alder (not to mention it would be exceptionally rare west of the divide), and the wings look much too long for Willow, and it seems to green. 

IMG_2398.jpg

1 hour ago, MountainBirder said:

In the mountains near the Continental Divide. Traill's seems like the only other possibility, but bill is too long and thin for Alder (not to mention it would be exceptionally rare west of the divide), and the wings look much too long for Willow, and it seems to green. 

IMG_2398.jpg

I’m not expert. I’m still leaning willow, but definitely wait for the experts.

@DLecy, any thoughts here?

• Like 1

I would prefer to see the actual pics if possible since pictures of pictures leave much to be desired, but I guess it's likely a Willow, just a cold puffed up one. Alder can be ruled out by range.

• Like 2