Jump to content
Whatbird Community

Birdie


Recommended Posts

32 minutes ago, Quiscalus quiscula said:

I accidentally pressed enter once.

That's a mind over matter issue. If you don't mind, it don't matter. πŸ˜„

I deliberately made four blank guesses hoping for a definitive clue that I couldn't find. By the time I guessed my original suspicion, I didn't have enough guesses left to narrow it down. Oh well. πŸ€·πŸΌβ€β™‚οΈΒ  I don't mind, so it don't matter. πŸ˜‰

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, lonestranger said:

I deliberately made four blank guesses hoping for a definitive clue that I couldn't find.

I make blank guesses regularly, only I'm looking for a clue I recognize at all, much less a definitive one.Β  I had no viable guess until the fifth photo.Β  After that, all that was left to me was a 50-50 shot (at best).

Edited by Charlie Spencer
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, lonestranger said:

I deliberately made four blank guesses hoping for a definitive clue that I couldn't find.

Β Just curious. Why would one make four blank guesses instead of just guessing plausible birds four times?Β 

Edited by Snake Fingers
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Snake Fingers said:

Β Just curious. Why would one make four blank guesses instead of just guessing plausible birds four times?Β 

I can't speak for @lonestrangerΒ but for this bird, I had no plausible guesses.

I'm more interested in correctly identifying the bird than in getting a good score.Β  Let's say I see the first image and can get the right family; for example, a warbler.Β  I'll make one guess to confirm I'm in the neighborhood; I try Pine Warbler and get a yellow square.Β  On the second photo, I'm no closer to knowing the bird than I was on the first.Β  Since I don't care about my score, I'll make a blank guess instead of randomly trying another warbler species.Β  Ditto the third image; still no better clue.Β  Repeat until I can make a semi-educated guess or I run out of tries.Β  I want to be able to identify the bird on my own, and don't care how many red squares it takes.

Edited by Charlie Spencer
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Snake Fingers said:

Β Just curious. Why would one make four blank guesses instead of just guessing plausible birds four times?Β 

Β 

1 hour ago, Birds are cool said:

My thoughts as well.Β 

Β 

1 hour ago, Charlie Spencer said:

I can't speak for @lonestrangerΒ but for this bird, I had no plausible guesses.

I'm more interested in correctly identifying the bird than in getting a good score.Β  Let's say I see the first image and can get the right family; for example, a warbler.Β  I'll make one guess to confirm I'm in the neighborhood; I try Pine Warbler and get a yellow square.Β  On the second photo, I'm no closer to knowing the bird than I was on the first.Β  Since I don't care about my score, I'll make a blank guess instead of randomly trying another warbler species.Β  Ditto the third image; still no better clue.Β  Repeat until I can make a semi-educated guess or I run out of tries.Β  I want to be able to identify the bird on my own, and don't care how many red squares it takes.

What @Charlie SpencerΒ said. Plus the fact that sometimes I just get lazy and don't want to think too hard on these puzzles. πŸ˜‰

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Snake Fingers said:

Β Just curious. Why would one make four blank guesses instead of just guessing plausible birds four times?Β 

Sometimes I'll start with a species from the wrong family, hoping that the next photograph will reveal the identity better. I was in the correct family today except for #4. And on line 6 I had a 50/50 chance of getting the right answer; I chose the wrong one.Β 

birdie πŸ¦† #244: πŸŸ₯πŸŸ₯πŸŸ₯πŸŸ₯🟨🟨

https://birdiegame.net/

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

birdie πŸ¦‰ #244: πŸŸ₯πŸŸ₯πŸŸ₯🟨🟨🟩

I was in the right family the whole time. I have photographed this bird before.

I try to start off by not using the guide, but if it's an unfamiliar individual of a large family (especially warblers), I may bust out the guide. I almost always use a guide on the last guess if I'm not certain, although I didn't on this particular one.

Edited by Zoroark
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...