Jump to content
Whatbird Community

Birdie


Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Charlie Spencer said:

birdie πŸ¦† #276: 🟨πŸŸ₯πŸŸ₯πŸŸ₯πŸŸ₯πŸŸ₯

https://birdiegame.net/

I had the right family immediately but I'm not familiar enough with them to make valid guesses.

birdie πŸ¦ƒ #276: 🟨πŸŸ₯πŸŸ₯πŸŸ₯πŸŸ₯πŸŸ₯

https://birdiegame.net/
Β 
Right there with ya!

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, lonestranger said:

I just noticed that we can now play/replay older games.Β 

"New! Play all the previous birdie games by clicking the button in the top left!"

Try game #4 if you want a good chance of acing one.Β 

I didn't start until game 9 when the game was first posted so the first few games are new to me, and should be new to most everyone else too.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, lonestranger said:

I just noticed that we can now play/replay older games.Β 

"New! Play all the previous birdie games by clicking the button in the top left!"

Thanks! I saw that but then forgot. I just got one in πŸŸ₯🟩! It was #5 I believe.Β 

Edited by Snake Fingers
Possible spoiler
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is it just me or are the past birdies easier??? I just got itΒ first trieΒ 3 times!!Β and that’s the first time I’ve done first trie before I believe. Maybe it’s because they seem to be in my range a bit. Hmmm

Edited by Snake Fingers
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Snake Fingers said:

Is it just me or are the past birdies easier??? I just got itΒ first trieΒ 3 times!!Β and that’s the first time I’ve done first trie before I believe. Maybe it’s because they seem to be in my range a bit. Hmmm

Yeah, those first 4 were all really easy, got them all on the first guess. They seem to have gotten a little harder, in that they now don't often start with a distinctive mark.Β  Like in those first 4 there was a red-tailed, and they stated with the tail, now it might be the 4th or 5th photo before you see the tail.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Kevin said:

They seem to have gotten a little harder, in that they now don't often start with a distinctive mark.

Hey, today's started with a distinctive mark, I just entered the wrong one first.

birdie πŸ¦… #276: πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›

Yet another bird that I hope to see as a lifer this month.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I started with #10, so I went back and played the first 9. I have photographed those with an asterisk. I should've gotten #9 sooner.

1: πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬› *
2: πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬› *
3: πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬› *
4: πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬› *
5: πŸŸ₯πŸŸ₯πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›
6: πŸŸ₯πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬›
7: πŸŸ₯πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›
8: πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬› *
9: πŸŸ₯πŸŸ₯πŸŸ₯πŸŸ©β¬›β¬› *

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Snake Fingers said:

Is it just me or are the past birdies easier??? I just got itΒ first trieΒ 3 times!!Β and that’s the first time I’ve done first trie before I believe. Maybe it’s because they seem to be in my range a bit. Hmmm

Adding on to what Kevin said, I have noticed that slowly over time less and less of the bird is visible in the first pic. In the beginning we would often get the entire tail but now we hardly get anything.Β 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi! I'm glad you all like the historic games feature, I spent the better part of the weekend on it. I also just added 'ranking badges' to the scorecard as a little gimmick, you'll probably notice it tomorrow. I haven't checked this thread in a looooong time, but if you guys have any suggestions for new features or improvements do let me know.Β 

10 hours ago, Colton V said:

Adding on to what Kevin said, I have noticed that slowly over time less and less of the bird is visible in the first pic. In the beginning we would often get the entire tail but now we hardly get anything.Β 

Noted. Definitely have room for improvement, this is likely a result of me trying to mix it up. I initially tried to make the game 'harder' when I realized how many people were absolutely acing these, and my goal was to make it just hard enough that the average score is somewhere in the 3-5 range, but it turns out that's difficult. People tend to either nail it immediately or just barely / not at all! I also try to rarely repeat the same species which I'm sure leads to some really obscure birds and polarizing score distributions, which may or may not be a good idea. Next step: create an AI to make the perfect crops 😈

Also, to the handful of people who have sent photo submissions, thank you so much, you guys are killing it and I am using them whenever I can!

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Jagularr said:

Hi! I'm glad you all like the historic games feature, I spent the better part of the weekend on it. I also just added 'ranking badges' to the scorecard as a little gimmick, you'll probably notice it tomorrow. I haven't checked this thread in a looooong time, but if you guys have any suggestions for new features or improvements do let me know.Β 

Noted. Definitely have room for improvement, this is likely a result of me trying to mix it up. I initially tried to make the game 'harder' when I realized how many people were absolutely acing these, and my goal was to make it just hard enough that the average score is somewhere in the 3-5 range, but it turns out that's difficult. People tend to either nail it immediately or just barely / not at all! I also try to rarely repeat the same species which I'm sure leads to some really obscure birds and polarizing score distributions, which may or may not be a good idea. Next step: create an AI to make the perfect crops 😈

Also, to the handful of people who have sent photo submissions, thank you so much, you guys are killing it and I am using them whenever I can!

Thanks again for creating the game, I really love it! I really enjoy any ways to make the game β€œharder”, as long as it’s still within reason. I like the very small amount of the bird visible in the first photo.Β 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...