Whatbird Community

14 hours ago, PaulK said:

...are you sure? It really looks like a picture to me, little variations of focus, like the end of the bill where it's slightly farther than the rest of the bird. I think if anything it's overedited.

Yes, I'm sure.  It's by artist Clarence Stewart.  It says "painting" which could mean it's done in pastels.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/stew117/2913744410

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, lonestranger said:

That was the full photo, once it's solved the last image appears regardless of which guess you're on.

I should clarify, @PaulK, that was the full image in the game. Unless I'm mistaken, I think the tail was cut off for everyone. No idea why other than a glitch in the game. ?‍♂️

• Like 1

13 hours ago, PaulK said:

Here's the photo on Flickr from when I opened it in a separate tab to zoom in https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52219085883_5ce10aaecf_h.jpg

52219085883_5ce10aaecf_h.jpg

I sure hadn't noticed on my phone screen. Definitely excellent work and the head is difficult to tell from a photo but zooming in on the area near the tail where the light and dark feathers meet has me convinced it's a drawing.

• Like 1

I should have had a stop light, but I accidently clicked(highlight to see)Prairie Falcon instead of Prairie Warbler, but I didn't see my mistake until I saw the birds face and knew for sure what it was. 

• Kevin changed the title to Birdie