Whatbird Community

Birdie

23 minutes ago, Charlie Spencer said:

@Jagularr, it looks like we're down again.

Thanks!

Tagging @JagularrΒ will only alert him of the problem afterΒ  he logs into Whatbird. By sending a private message, which i just did, he gets alerted of the problem much sooner through the email that the private message generates.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Charlie Spencer said:

Odd, I see the alerts for both in the upper right at the same time.

It's because he has the settings set to where he gets an email when someone private messages him.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Charlie Spencer said:

Odd, I see the alerts for both in the upper right at the same time.

That's only when you are actively on Whatbird, right?Β  You get a email notification for private messages, right?Β  You dont know if you've been tagged or quoted until you open Whatbird and look at the upper right corner though, right? If you didn't visit Whatbird for days, you wouldn't know how much we were talking about you until you revisited the site again. Private messages send an email that might get your attention before you actually visit Whatbird.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Charlie Spencer said:

Nope, wrong.Β  I have that setting disabled and forgot it existed until @Kevin mentioned it.

Ah, you must have changed that setting after telling me that's how you got one of my private messages in the past. You now understand the point I was getting at though, right. A private message will notify @JagularrΒ of any issues much faster than tagging him will.

Edited by lonestranger
  • Thanks 1