Whatbird Community

Recording help

24 minutes ago, SirVive said:

Only the last half of a song? I've always heard it with more notes - or didn't know what I was hearing I guess 

Yes, it sounds pretty spot on for BEWR to me. Bewick's Wrens are unbelievably variable with the sounds they make. A very well known birder once told me, "If you don't recognize a particular bird sound, it's a Bewick's Wren." He wasn't wrong.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DLecy said:

A very well known birder once told me, "If you don't recognize a particular bird sound, it's a Bewick's Wren."

Huh, I would have thought that was out of range for @Charlie Spencerto have experience with the species.

2 hours ago, DLecy said:

He wasn't wrong.

Ah, that doesn't sound like him, I may have misunderstood.

• Haha 6

@PaulK, you've fallen into the same 21st century, social media trap as have millions of others.  Just because someone is well known doesn't mean he or she is also competent.  See the Kardashians, most so-called 'influencers', or celebrity politicians.

And which range is it out of, by the way?  My physical travel or my limited hearing?  And how can I somehow use all this to insult @lonestranger?

Edited by Charlie Spencer
  • Haha 4

I think putting my name in the same post as the Kardashians is insult enough, thank you very much, @Charlie Spencer. Including my name in the same post as politicians, well that's just down right mean.

Drawing a line that connects me to the incompetent is one thing, drawing a connection to me and politicians is a low blow and I won't stand for it. *remains seated until the insults are over*

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, lonestranger said:

*remains seated until the insults are over*

*contemplates attaching a chair to my ass and adding an automated Haha reaction to my phone and computer*

Edited by lonestranger
  • Haha 5

22 hours ago, DLecy said:

Yes, it sounds pretty spot on for BEWR to me. Bewick's Wrens are unbelievably variable with the sounds they make. A very well known birder once told me, "If you don't recognize a particular bird sound, it's a Bewick's Wren." He wasn't wrong.

Certainly plenty common around here and perfect habitat for one.

• Like 2