Whatbird Community

Cormorant and Gulls

Please help me with what type of Cormorant this is. I am unsure because of the limited amount of color on the face.  Also, please help me with identifying these gulls.  All pics were taken in the Seward, Ak area on 6/10/2022.  Thanks

Cormorant Seward 6-10-2022.JPG

Gull 5-1.JPG

Gulls 2.JPG

Gulls 5-3.JPG

Gulls Anchorage.JPG

Gulls Lrg Gp 3.JPG

1. The Cormorant is a Double-crested, the big gull on the right is a Glaucous-winged, and all the other smaller gulls are Black-legged Kittywakes. 

2. Glaucous-winged Gull

3. All Glaucous-winged Gulls, except for the one with blackish primaries, which is either a Herring or a Herring x Glaucous-winged Gull. 

4. All Glaucous-winged Gulls

5. All Short-billed Gulls

6. All Glaucous-winged Gulls, except for the one with black primaries, which I believe is a Herring Gull. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Aidan B said:

1. The Cormorant is a Double-crested, the big gull on the right is a Glaucous-winged, and all the other smaller gulls are Black-legged Kittywakes. 

2. Glaucous-winged Gull

3. All Glaucous-winged Gulls, except for the one with blackish primaries, which is either a Herring or a Herring x Glaucous-winged Gull. 

6. All Glaucous-winged Gulls, except for the one with black primaries, which I believe is a Herring Gull. 

I stand in awe.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Aidan B said:

2. Glaucous-winged Gull

Agreed.