Whatbird Community

Took these photos during spring migration this year, not the best, but the large white wing bar on the warblers wings, and the yellow chest make me think it is a MAWA. Just want to double check and get some input and id from other people

https://ebird.org/checklist/S109362693?_gl=1*lthap1*_ga*MjIwODE2NzAzLjE2NTU5OTA0ODM.*_ga_QR4NVXZ8BM*MTY1NzA2NTc0NC4yLjEuMTY1NzA2NTc0Ni41OA..#_ga=2.196303279.2013054414.1657039270-220816703.1655990483

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Birds are cool said:

Do either of you @lonestranger or @Charlie Spencer have any thoughts on the bird?

Yeah, I'm with @Hasan's original diagnosis of 'Unidentiable but likely not Magnolia Warbler'.

If they were my photos, I wouldn't be comfortable with them as my only support when out on that limb.  But hey, I recently had to have several members beat me into accepting my own photos as White-rumped Sandpipers (first sightings in a multi-county area).

Edited by Charlie Spencer
  • Like 2

I'm viewing this on my phone so I'm having a hard time distinguishing if I am seeing wingbars or branches in front of the wing. There's one wide white strip across the bird's wing that just doesn't look like a wingbar to me and I question the other possible wingbars too. Bird sp. for me.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, lonestranger said:

There's one wide white strip across the bird's wing that just doesn't look like a wingbar to me and I question the other possible wingbars too.

I agree about the 'wide wingbar', although I accept the other two closer to the front of the bird's wing. The 'wide' one is in the wrong position to be a wingbar and at the wrong angle, especially when compared to the other two.  I think it's a leaf in profile with the light making it look light.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Birds are cool said:

I meant has a large (relative to body size) wing bar. Sometimes my phone changes the words.

The “wingbar” in the first photo is a part of the plant in front of the bird, and is out a wingbar. This is apparent in the third photo. I agree with others that this is not identifiable to species.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, DLecy said:

The “wingbar” in the first photo is a part of the plant in front of the bird, and is out a wingbar. This is apparent in the third photo. I agree with others that this is not identifiable to species.

*not* a wingbar.

44 minutes ago, Birds are cool said:

Nobody birds in Lauren's georgia, but thank you

It looks like only nine of the top 50 have been active this year.  Most in the top ten haven't done much in the last couple of years.  Fortunately there are some active folks further down the list; new birders, hopefully.

https://ebird.org/top100?locInfo.regionCode=US-GA-175&year=AAAA

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Charlie Spencer said:

If 'Snorbert Zangox' is what's on that person's driver's license, I'll eat what the vultures leave behind.

Gosh I hope that’s a real person!!!

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Charlie Spencer said:

I'll eat what the vultures leave behind.

19 minutes ago, Charlie Spencer said:

One can eat anything If one puts enough hot sauce on...

Hot sauce and excrement, now that's what I'd call eating your own words. 😜

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Birds are cool said:

He is a real guy on Facebook. (Mod edit to remove address) Is his address. 

I'm going to require better documentation than Facebook.  That just demonstrates he or she is consistent with his alias across web sites.

As I said, "driver's license".

Edited by Aveschapines
Private information about another perso
  • Like 1