Whatbird Community

Notifications issues and science experiments

Message added by aveschapinas,

I've split off this discussion of issues with notifications settings and testing to see how it currently works. If you are both quoted and tagged in a single message you'll only get notifications for the quote and not the tag as well.

It appears some people's notification settings have been reset to default, but you should still be able to reset them to your preferences (profile menu, settings, notification settings on the right-hand side, use the down arrows on the right-hand side to display the sub menus and make your selections.)

4 minutes ago, lonestranger said:

On Safari I don't see those options. My Share option is found to the top right of each post, under the same three dots as my Report option, and is available on every post.

I didn't realize the browser makes a difference! However I looked again and it seems the "follow" bar is at the bottom of the page of posts, not the first post. I don't have Safari so I don't know what more I can tell you, sorry!

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Aveschapines said:

I didn't realize the browser makes a difference! However I looked again and it seems the "follow" bar is at the bottom of the page of posts, not the first post. I don't have Safari so I don't know what more I can tell you, sorry!

Thank you!!!!! I had been looking for that at the TOP of the page, where it is on my computer, and looking right past it at the bottom of the page. Like I said, I'm easily confused. :classic_blush:

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, lonestranger said:

Thank you!!!!! I had been looking for that at the TOP of the page, where it is on my computer, and looking right past it at the bottom of the page. Like I said, I'm easily confused. :classic_blush:

Yeah, it's definitely different on a phone, and I almost never use WhatBird on my phone!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Aveschapines said:

Yeah, it's definitely different on a phone, and I almost never use WhatBird on my phone!

I get frustrated when I try using my phone as a computer. I know how to do most anything I want on my computer but the format on the phone is so different that I struggle to do even the simplest of things at times. The joys of having mobile internet are not always joyous for me.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, lonestranger said:

I get frustrated when I try using my phone as a computer. I know how to do most anything I want on my computer but the format on the phone is so different that I struggle to do even the simplest of things at times. The joys of having mobile internet are not always joyous for me.

Ditto, and I get paid to help people use both

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Charlie Spencer said:

Tell us what that’s like. 

I don't know - the only thing that keeps me off the bad boy list is the fact that it takes both mods just to keep up with you. 

• Haha 3

I wonder if the message added to this discussion, the one that suggests checking notification settings for changes after the update, should be added somewhere other than just this thread. I fear that the message will be hidden by pages of ID requests long before some people get the chance to see it.

@Aveschapines @Kevin

Never mind. I realize it's been pinned in place. Another easily confused moment on my part.

Edited by lonestranger
Duh type moment

8 hours ago, lonestranger said:

Never mind. I realize it's been pinned in place. Another easily confused moment on my part.

I'm confused AGAIN. I thought this thread was pinned up top last night but the thread was below some ID posts this morning. Maybe my never mind needs a never mind, or maybe never mind me because of my ongoing confusion.

• Kevin pinned this topic
9 hours ago, lonestranger said:

I wonder if the message added to this discussion, the one that suggests checking notification settings for changes after the update, should be added somewhere other than just this thread. I fear that the message will be hidden by pages of ID requests long before some people get the chance to see it.

@Aveschapines @Kevin

1 hour ago, lonestranger said:

I'm confused AGAIN. I thought this thread was pinned up top last night but the thread was below some ID posts this morning. Maybe my never mind needs a never mind, or maybe never mind me because of my ongoing confusion.

I just pinned it, previously it was only "featured", so it will stay at the top for now. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1