Whatbird Community

Fall Migration 2022

2 minutes ago, Birds are cool said:

Tomorrow I am going to chase Wilsons Phalaropes, Black Necked Stilts and Avocets. The Phalaropes were not reported yesterday. Wish me luck

Good luck! Hoping I can get into some shorebirds soon.

• Thanks 1

Finnaly getting more numbers of shorbs here (as well as a few other birds here and there)... saw a good amount of Least and Western Sandpipers, some Semipalmated Plovers, some Red-necked Phalaropes, and some Elegant Terns.

Edited by BirdNrd
  • Like 3

Had a bunch of shorebirds today! 

Lots of Western Sandpipers and Least Sandpipers, both Red necked and Wilson’s(lifer), phalaropes, Long billed curlew, American Avocets, Black necked stilts, both Yellowlegs, and a Solitary Sandpiper! 

• Like 3

On 8/10/2022 at 6:01 AM, Birds are cool said:

Tomorrow I am going to chase Wilsons Phalaropes, Black Necked Stilts and Avocets. The Phalaropes were not reported yesterday. Wish me luck

I got all of these birds and more! I found three more stilts, a dowitcher, 4 more Black Terns, and I found a couple Forsters Terns! All of these birds are rarities. 

https://ebird.org/checklist/S116726357

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Charlie Spencer said:

Birding buddies reported Spotted Sandpipers, Dunlin, Pied-billed Grebes, and Horned Larks in the county this weekend.  The larks are on my way home so I may take a peek.

Got 'em easy peasy, right where my buddy said they were yesterday, and three times as many.

Edited by Charlie Spencer
  • Like 5