Whatbird Community

1 hour ago, Birds are cool said:

This is one hundred percent a Anhinga. In the first photo, you can see the long neck and the pointed yellow bill. In the third photo, you can see the back color.  = Male Anhinga

I spent an hour yesterday searching through DCCOs for an Anhinga at distance. The shape in flight is definitely better for cormorant, and the tail is not long enough. The color I think your seeing is sun glare off a likely wet bird

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kevin said:

??? Can you please point these out for me? I am having trouble see that.

First photo, bird is flying to the left.  Dark thick vertical mass is the underside of the left wing.  Narrower dark horizontal mass to the right is the tail.  Thin dark horizontal mass to the left is the neck; yellow dart at the end is the bill.

Don't ask me what's going on in the second photo.  :classic_biggrin:

Edited by Charlie Spencer

2 hours ago, Kevin said:

??? Can you please point these out for me? I am having trouble see that.

The blue is the head and neck, green is the wings, and red is the tail. The wings are pointed upward in the photo.0771DE01-3052-4F43-B445-FD57F022A04E.thumb.jpeg.509d14fd4cd53c3a6b89c29789c3160f.jpeg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Charlie Spencer said:

First photo, bird is flying to the left.  Dark thick vertical mass is the underside of the left wing.  Narrower dark horizontal mass to the right is the tail.  Thin dark horizontal mass to the left is the neck; yellow dart at the end is the bill.

Don't ask me what's going on in the second photo.  :classic_biggrin:

5 hours ago, IKLland said:

The blue is the head and neck, green is the wings, and red is the tail. The wings are pointed upward in the photo.0771DE01-3052-4F43-B445-FD57F022A04E.thumb.jpeg.509d14fd4cd53c3a6b89c29789c3160f.jpeg

Thanks, I see it now. Definitely not a Vulture.

• Like 1