Whatbird Community

1 hour ago, Avery said:

Can't recommend Vortex enough. Great range of prices and options, plus the lifetime warranty. https://vortexoptics.com/optics/binoculars.html

Vortex Diamondback 8x42 can be found in that range.  Nikon, Zeiss, and Bushnell too.  B&H and Adorama have great deals on used binos, especially demon or out-of-box units.

But what brand are the broken ones?  Many manufacturers offer a lifetime warranty.  Check the manu's web site.

• Like 1

Here, where the economic situation is very different and anything beyond $100 is pretty much inaccessible to most people, the Vortex Diamondbacks are the "good" binocs. I upgraded to them from $25 10X50s and have been very happy with them. 

Also if I recall correctly, Eagle has gone out of business, but Vortex is honoring their lifetime warranties. 

• Like 1

On 10/15/2022 at 4:32 PM, Birds are cool said:

My fathers binoculars broke a few days ago. Any suggestions on new binoculars. He was using 7*42's, but something larger might be better. Price range is under 200.

Vortex Diamondback 8x42 can be found in that range.  Nikon, Zeiss, and Bushnell too.  B&H and Adorama have great deals on used binos, especially demon or out-of-box units.

But what brand are the broken ones?  Many manufacturers offer a lifetime warranty.  Check the manu's web site

Here, where the economic situation is very different and anything beyond $100 is pretty much inaccessible to most people, the Vortex Diamondbacks are the "good" binocs.(Diamondback series in general are really good, been using Diamondback scope on my AR-15  https://gritrsports.com/shooting/firearms/rifles/ar-15-rifles/ ) I upgraded to them from $25 10X50s and have been very happy with them. 

Also if I recall correctly, Eagle has gone out of business, but Vortex is honoring their lifetime warranties. 

I'm with everyone else on Vortex bandwagon: got myself DB 8x42 last year and it's been my favorite binos ever since ?

• Like 1