Whatbird Community

I know I've been posting a ton of these sharpie vs coopers photos lately but I'm really trying to figure these guys out!!! 🙂I saw this guy this morning in my yard near Boise, Idaho. Please let me know which hawk it is! Thanks!

Screen-Shot-2018-12-01-at-6-40-11-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2018-12-01-at-6-43-06-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2018-12-01-at-6-42-50-PM.png

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Bird Nuts said:

Very nice photos, by the way.  I'm amazed you see so many of these guys!

Thanks for the help. I seriously have the hardest time IDing these guys... I thought this was a sharpie. Haha. They hunt in my yard everyday! I only have time to get photos of them on weekends so stay tuned for more next Saturday. Haha

• Like 1

Cool set of pics! The one where he's looking back over his shoulder shows all the classic Cooper's field marks, as the Bird Nuts pointed out. Interesting that his plumage has molted to adult, but his eyes have not changed all the way to the freaky blood red yet.

Edited by Creeker
additional text
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Charlie Spencer said:

Do you get more than one at a time, or maybe it's the same one making multiple appearances?

Last week there were four hawks at the same time (one sharpie and three coopers). I think the bird in the photos above was in the yard again this morning. 

• Like 1