Whatbird Community

This morning in Middle TN. I only took one lousy frame because I thought it was a distant crow (it flew straight with average-speed wingbeats), but clearly I was wrong in the field. Second pic is lightened. I checked out Hawks in Flight and I'm still clueless. Any guesses?

DSC_1220_crop.JPG

DSC_1220_crop2.JPG

The pale crescent near the wing tip might suggest Red-shouldered Hawk. I'm not completely sure, however.

Might not be IDable... Did you take it through a window or something? Or are the light parts actually part of the bird? Something seems very unnatural to me about what's light and what's not... Might be a red-tail, but again I don't know if I could call anything off of this pic.

2 hours ago, egosnell2002 said:

Might not be IDable... Did you take it through a window or something? Or are the light parts actually part of the bird? Something seems very unnatural to me about what's light and what's not... Might be a red-tail, but again I don't know if I could call anything off of this pic.

I took it outside Sunday morning (8 a.m. CT). It was mostly clear out. I thought it was a crow, so unfortunately I only got the one frame.