Whatbird Community

Accipiter?

3 minutes ago, sbutk said:

We [You, Colton, and I] may all be thinking along similar lines.  Thanks... but I'll wait for more opinions to roll in.  ?

Definitely.  No tail shots?  Cape May had some less than a week ago going through, so not impossible.

Edited by chipperatl
  • Like 1

Just now, chipperatl said:

I hesitated because that second photo looks like there might be red coming in on the shoulder.  Maybe it is just an artifact. The shape doesn't strike me as RSHA though.  

Now that I look closely at the photos on the checklist I posted in the "Cool thing" thread NOGO get red in that same area.  

2 hours ago, chipperatl said:

Definitely.  No tail shots?  Cape May had some less than a week ago going through, so not impossible.

Actually... here's one perched, before he moved to the other, farther away, tree.  And then there's the final flight sequence. 

That tail doesn't look like one on any Sharpie or Coop that *I've* ever seen.  And, sorry I hadn't thought to post the close-up perched photo earlier.  Because that one is now screaming Goshawk to me [admittedly, a far less experienced/knowledgeable/confident birder than many of you fine folks].  ?

(So I'm either about to feel really embarrassed; or really stoked.  Probably needless to say... that would be a Lifer.)

P2040306.JPG

P2040339 - Capture 000.JPG

P2040339 - Capture 001.JPG

P2040339 - Capture 001b.JPG

P2040339 - Capture 001c.JPG

P2040339 - Capture 001d.JPG

P2040339 - Capture 001e.JPG

• Like 2