Whatbird Community
Getchell

What bird do I hear every morning?

I live in northern GA in the suburbs and every morning I wake up to the same bird call, i’d love to know what type of bird it is so I can set ir as my alarm. The call always has 4 whistles (high, low, high, low). I know its not alot of infomtion but i love the sound and would like to know what type of bird it is. 

@Getchell, welcome!

Are the notes fast or slow?  Are there breaks between them or does one flow into the next?  Do you hear only one bird or are there several of them calling?

Over here in central SC, the Northern Cardinals are some of the earliest risers.  Based solely on that minimal bit of info, see if any of these songs sound like your bird:

https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Northern_Cardinal/sounds

9 hours ago, Getchell said:

I live in northern GA in the suburbs and every morning I wake up to the same bird call, i’d love to know what type of bird it is so I can set ir as my alarm. The call always has 4 whistles (high, low, high, low). I know its not alot of infomtion but i love the sound and would like to know what type of bird it is. 

Welcome to Whatbird, Getchell. If the bird sings every morning, I suggest getting a recording and posting it for the experts to listen to. As you can see by the variety of suggestions so far, a written description of a bird song is hard to nail down, a recording on the other hand makes an ID much easier for the experts. 

• Like 1

The robin is always the first to call on summer mornings in my neck of the woods (Ontario).