Jump to content
Whatbird Community

Comparisons


Recommended Posts

  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Connor Cochrane said:

I've never seen one that yellow before. However, I've only seen around 15 of them, so maybe they vary and thats normal.

No, that’s super yellow for a Baltimore and I’ve seen dozens if not hundreds of them . Kinda neat bird.

Edited by Birding Boy
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Connor Cochrane said:

I've never seen one that yellow before. However, I've only seen around 15 of them, so maybe they vary and thats normal.

 

38 minutes ago, Birding Boy said:

No, that’s super yellow for a Baltimore and I’ve seen dozens if not hundreds of them . Kinda neat bird.

 

I do notice brighter and darker birds but never considered any of them to be extreme enough to be of interest. I'll have to pay closer attention from now on. Here's another shot after the Orchard Oriole conceded to his larger cousin.

3S0A8204.thumb.jpg.47d861ebbd50a912087c02b43a173249.jpg

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Seanbirds said:

Great photo of some freakin’ awesome birds!!

Thanks! The Curlew is actually still hanging around & coming into much more colorful breeding plumage. Thinking of going to see it again tomorrow especially now that Wilson's & Red-necked Phalarope as well as Black-necked Stilt have been spotted there!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, stitch58 said:

Thanks! The Curlew is actually still hanging around & coming into much more colorful breeding plumage. Thinking of going to see it again tomorrow especially now that Wilson's & Red-necked Phalarope as well as Black-necked Stilt have been spotted there!

WOW! You should totally do it! I’d love to see the breeding plumage photos.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...