Whatbird Community

Whatbird not working?

Birds are cool

4 minutes ago, Birds are cool said:

Alright. I thought that was what had happened, but then I could not get on until 5 minutes ago, and I thought that the admin/owner had taken the site down.

As far as I know he hasn't taken it down but he hasn't updated me for several days so I'm not sure. I would NOT use other odd URLs to get in; the malware is redirecting people to nefarious sites so that could be bad for your computer's health. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, xpoetmarcr said:

I have had the same issue for a few weeks when trying to visit 'whatbird' website.  As of today it's still unavailable.  However, I just discovered a few minutes ago that 'forums.whatbird' is working. I don't get that but glad I've made it back here again.

Yes, WhatBird is down; I don't have any more information except that the admin said it's going to take a while for it to go back up. The forums have been working normally, so yoe best to enter with the "forums.whatbird.com" URL.

If you find other odd URLs that let you into WhatBird I recommend running fast in the other direction. The site was infected with malware that redirected users to nefarious sites.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Quiscalus quiscula said:

Yeah, I usually get on here just from forums.whatbird.com, but when I tried whatbird.com just to see it didn't work for me either.

28 minutes ago, Ilovebirds2009 said:

This might have been a while ago but go on a different Device and try it. Say you are on a phone. Try using a computer.

I use forums.whatbird.com to get on. When I got on the phone, it worked. I am now on the computer. It works when I use a private window.

• Like 2

Hi folks! I was away doing Christmas bird counts in El Petén, Alta Verapaz, and Baja Verapaz.

Whatbird.com has been donw for quite a while and I just took a quick look and it seems to still be. Admin has told me it will be a while but I don't have any more specific information. Meanwhile logging in through forums dot whatbird dot com should work. The forums have been moved to a new host and that is expected to make them more stable and not crash on us!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Admin has just updated me again - all of the files on Whatbird.com were infected and have had to be recreated. All of his sites were affected so it's taking time to get everything else up and running. Again, we strongly recommend that you NOT access any WhatBird pages with alternative URLs. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 12/24/2022 at 10:14 AM, aveschapinas said:

Admin has just updated me again - all of the files on Whatbird.com were infected and have had to be recreated. All of his sites were affected so it's taking time to get everything else up and running. Again, we strongly recommend that you NOT access any WhatBird pages with alternative URLs. 

Thank you for your time and effort @aveschapinas, @Administrator

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1