Whatbird Community

Bird species of the week photos!

Kevin
Message added by aveschapinas,

In this thread a bird species is named every week on Sunday. Members are invited to post their favorite or best picture of that species during the week. Please post only ONE photo per species. 

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Abundant in Florida but I also saw a number of them in Colorado. The photo below is from Florida but before we actually moved here. I have a ton of good photos of this bird as they are not shy and even seem to enjoy hamming it up for the camera. I have Bahama Mockingbird too (only seen one and not a great photo) it would be nice to be able to include it.

409.JPG

• Like 11

2 hours ago, Charlie Spencer said:

"Personal foul!  Unnecessary species not chosen for the week.  15 yards and loss of down!"

If @BigOly and @Clip don't mind, I'll remind them that there's a thread that explicitly has no rules, and they could easily say something here like, "While I'm at it, I'll post my photo of a B---- Mockingbird in the No Rules thread."

• Thanks 1

I have had the pleasure of seeing both species. The Loggerhead in both Colorado (summer) and in Florida (year round) and the Northern Shrike in Colorado (winter). I have a ton of photos of Loggerhead, not so many of Northern but some.

058 (2).JPG

114.JPG

• Like 11