Whatbird Community

Share Your Best or Favorite Photo of a Bird Species!

Kevin

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your call is important to us.  Please remain on the line.  Your call will be answered in the order in which it was received.  All of our species selectors are at the beach but will be returning too early to look for shorebirds, darn it.

Edited by Charlie Spencer
  • Haha 4

Saw these infrequently while living in Colorado. I have seen them both in the mountains and on the prairie. Like others most of my shots are from a considerable distance but  in route to Chico Basin Ranch one day I had the opportunity to see one pretty darn close. 

030 (4).JPG

• Like 11

Kind of glad I missed Bald Eagle I have a ton of Bald Eagle photos and it would have been a tough choice. I have seen them in both Colorado (year round but in much larger numbers in the winter) and Florida (year round).

• Like 3

I've been pretty lucky with Golden Eagles. I've seen quite a few, even though they're not very common in my area. I even have it as a yard bird! This isn't my best photo of a GOEA, but it's by far my favorite!

584040191.thumb.jpg.c6fd33fe31e4005a16659dcf586634d9.jpg

• Like 10

I only have two shots of this species.  I started to post the other one, a conventionally attractive shot of several Pellys on a sunny day in FL, lined up on a low retaining wall with a lake and a Frank Lloyd Wright shoreline in the background.  It's pretty but I went with this moodier one instead.

Donnelly Wildlife Management Area, coastal SC, February  2022.

Edited by Charlie Spencer
  • Like 9

This was taken without digiscoping so it’s extremely pixelated and in order for it to be bearable to look at I had to do a zoomed out crop. At least you can tell it’s an American White Pelican! IMG_6020.jpeg.7873b575d1a410374e35290b6ca1ade5.jpeg

Edited by Snake Fingers
Double space
  • Like 6